Golden Rule Process
Get the Golden Rule Treatment on Your Next Heat Pump Repair
Every homeowner in Des Moines deserves a heat pump repair that's scheduled quickly, priced fairly, and completed successfully. And that's exactly what the Golden Rule family aims to do for every service call. We apply the Golden Rule to everything we do, which is why we've achieved more 5-star reviews than any other contractor in Des Moines.
Find out how each part of our heat pump repair process applies The Golden Rule:
Scheduling Your Heat Pump Repair
Fast, Friendly & Convenient Scheduling in 3 Steps!
- Reach out to us: You have more ways than ever to schedule with Golden Rule. Whether you call or schedule online, we'll have your appointment booked in no time.
- Get call reminders: Our team keeps you in the loop by providing courtesy call reminders both the day before and the day of your heat pump repair.
- Meet your technician: We'll text you your technician's name, picture, and bio on the day of your appointment, so you'll know exactly who's showing up at your door.
Want even more reasons to schedule with Golden Rule?
- Convenient morning and afternoon time slots
- SMS text confirmations for your appointment
- Real-time location updates when your tech is on the way
The heating went out, had to have the motor assembly replaced. They did a fantastic job in a very speedy manner. Very impressed, would recommend!—Matt M.
Pricing Your Heat Pump Repair
How much does it cost to repair a heat pump in Des Moines?
- Low $163
- Our Average $500
- High $3,000
Diagnostics the Golden Rule way
Our diagnostics have two goals: identify what's wrong with the system, and give you options on how to fix it. You get to decide how you'd like to proceed with the repair, and we'll make sure you're quoted a fair price for the work. No if's, and's, or but's. Just our promise to you.
- Cost of your diagnostic w/out repair: $72 (Free for Gold Club Members)
- Cost of your diagnostic with repair: Always FREE
What factors affect the cost of a heat pump repair?
- Replacement parts: Heat pumps stay active all year long. That puts a lot of strain on individual parts. Eventually, a part will need to be replaced, and those parts have costs ranging from a few dollars to a few hundred dollars. Golden Rule will always be honest about what caused your heat pump's issue. And we'll always give you repair options because it's the right thing to do.
- Warranty status: Heat pump warranties come in two varieties. The first is the labor warranty issued by the contractor who installed the system (or repaired it last). The second is a parts warranty issued by the manufacturer of the heat pump. A Golden Rule technician will always check the status of any warranties to make sure you get the most affordable repair possible.
- Contractor experience: When hiring a company or individual contractor to repair your heat pump, it's best to think in terms of the value provided rather than cost alone. Golden Rule keeps our prices fair and adds additional protections that smaller contractors just can't provide. While their pricing may be slightly lower, Golden Rule's value is through the roof.
Every person that’s come out has been friendly, professional, and more importantly - upfront and honest about their options and prices.—Brett W.
Completing Your Heat Pump Repair
We imagined the perfect heat pump repair...Then we made it a reality for our customers
- ConvenientAll makes and model repaired, no exceptions.
- Consistent99% of repairs completed in just one day.
- ProfessionalNATE-certified techs trained in-house.
- CleanShoe covers are worn at all times in your home.
- Reliable2,800+ successful repair calls every year.
- AccessibleFinancing available for repairs upon request.
Heat Pump Repair FAQ
If anything can go wrong with a heat pump, we've seen it. However, there are some issues which come up more frequently than others. For example, you may want to call for a heat pump repair if you notice:
- Uneven heating and cooling: Your heating and cooling should be evenly distributed throughout the house. Uneven performance indicates a problem that needs to be taken care of.
- Your heat pump fails to turn on: If you find that your heat pump fails to turn on when you adjust the thermostat, then it could be an electrical issue.
- Frozen coils: If you notice that your indoor coils have frozen, then it’s typically a sign that you need repair. This may be a relatively quick fix, due to a clogged air filter, but it could also be a sign that you have low refrigerant.
It can be difficult to figure out whether you need heat pump replacement. Short of a major and permanent breakdown, there are plenty of other reasons why you might want to consider removing your old system and putting in a new one. If your existing heat pump requires frequent repairs or has become highly inefficient, it may make more sense to replace it than to continue patching up an old unit. The team at Golden Rule Plumbing, Heating & Cooling can help you determine whether repair or replacement is the better option for your system.
Protecting Your Heat Pump Repair
1-Year Labor Warranty
Every heat pump repair is protected by an industry-leading 1-year warranty on labor. If our repair doesn't resolve your issue, we'll return and fix it, minus the labor charges.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We promise to give you a heat pump repair that goes above and beyond to give you the service you deserve. If you're not happy, we'll return and make it right.
The Gold Club: Maintenance Doesn't Get Any Better Than This
What do over 8,000 Des Moines homeowners have in common? They're all protected by the state's most comprehensive whole-home maintenance plan, The Golden Rule Gold Club!
With the Gold Club, you'll receive three annual scheduled tune-up visits (heating, cooling and plumbing), plus discounts on repairs, priority service, no trip charges, and more for less than $9 a month!
The R.U.L.E.S. We Live By
The pride of Golden Rule is our outstanding service and the rules we live by every day. We hold our customer service very highly and want to make sure you are taken care of to the best of our ability. No matter the problem, we will take care of you.
Below are our values or “rules to live by":
- Respect: We listen to our customers and seek out solutions on terms they're happy with.
- Understanding: We know you're busy and work hard to make service fast and convenient.
- Loyalty: We treat your home with courtesy and respect and leave it cleaner than we found it.
- Expertise: We train constantly to give our customers the best outcomes with every visit.
- Service: We look for ways to go above and beyond to help make your service visit a great one.
Always responsive, respectful, and empathetic...
Even after months of puzzling problems with our heat pump unit, Golden Rule continued to search for a solution and was always responsive, respectful and empathetic toward the frustration we were feeling. They found the problem and did everything they could to fix it in a timely matter, including coming out after normal business hours. Appreciate the dedication to ensuring we were happy and had heat! —Meredith P.