Golden Rule Process
Get the Golden Rule Treatment on Your Next Heat Pump Installation
When the time comes to replace your heat pump, the Golden Rule family will be there to provide honest estimates on a wide range of high-efficiency systems for your home. We believe in installing brands for our customers that we'd install in our own homes, which is why we select the best systems from Ruud. And because we offer some of the best warranty and guarantee protections in the state of Iowa, our customers can rest easy knowing they chose the right company for their install for years to come.
Find out how each part of our heat pump install process applies The Golden Rule:
Scheduling Your Heat Pump Estimate
Fast, Friendly & Convenient Scheduling in 3 Steps!
Reach out to us: When you're ready to schedule a free heat pump install estimate, you have two convenient ways of doing so: by phone or online. We'll have your in-home estimate booked in minutes!
Get call reminders: You won't ever have to worry about missing your appointment when you schedule with Golden Rule. You'll receive courtesy calls the day before and the day of your scheduled estimate visit.
Meet your system engineer: We'll text you your system engineer's name, picture and bio on the day of your estimate, so you'll know exactly who's showing up at your door.
Want even more reasons to schedule with Golden Rule?
- Convenient morning and afternoon time slots
- SMS text confirmations for your appointment
- Real-time location updates when your tech is on the way
The pre-service communication I got from GR was excellent - I never had questions or concerns before, during, or after...—Paul H.
Quoting Your Heat Pump Installation
How much does it cost to install a heat pump in Des Moines?
- Low $8,000
- Our Average $9,000
- High $15,000
Estimates the Golden Rule way
At Golden Rule, our goal is to give each customer the kind of estimate that we'd want for ourselves—one that's transparent, honest and free from sales pressure. And that's exactly what you'll get when you call us for your heat pump estimate.
- Cost of your estimate: FREE
What factors affect the cost of a heat pump install?
- Efficiency of the unit: The more efficient a heat pump is, the better it is at keeping your energy bills down. And unlike ACs and furnaces which provide seasonal savings, an efficient heat pump saves you money all year long. That's one of the reasons our customers love heat pumps, and we're happy to help you find one that reduces your bills and stays within budget.
- Size of the unit: Heat pump size is measured by its tonnage, and the most important factor in sizing a heat pump is home size. Heat pump size and heat pump cost go up together, so a bigger heat pump always costs more than a smaller one. That said, you wouldn't want a heat pump that's too big or too small for your home anyway, because it wastes a ton of energy and decreases system lifespan. Yikes!
- Home renovations: New heat pumps sometimes require renovations to a home. The most common renovations involve repairing or installing new ductwork, extending a home's plumbing to the new system, or installing new electrical wiring. The good news is we have service divisions that can help with all of it, so you won't need to juggle multiple contractors.
I was impressed with how hard they worked...—Joyce N.
Installing Your Heat Pump
We imagined the perfect heat pump installation...Then we made it a reality for our customers
- CraftsmanshipRuud is our brand of choice for our homes and the homes of our customers.
- ConvenienceWe'll help you get approved you for any relevant clean-energy rebates available.
- ProfessionalismOur lead installers are NATE-certified and trained at our in-house facility.
- CleanlinessWe pride ourselves in keeping a clean workspace. Shoe covers are mandatory.
- Reliability1,000+ successful HVAC installations completed every year.
- KindnessWe have portable heating units we can bring over while you wait for your installation.
Heat Pump Installation FAQ
A heat pump works much like an air conditioner. Refrigerant travels through various components that change its pressure and temperature in order to move thermal energy from one place to another. Your outdoor unit comprises a compressor and condenser, whereas the indoor unit comprises the air handler and evaporator coil.
What remains unique about the heat pump is the reversing valve that allows it to draw heat from the air outside and bring it in during the winter and remove heat from your home during the summer. This versatility has made it into a popular HVAC system.
If you’re in the market for a new heat pump, make sure that it’s installed by a pro. Investing in a comprehensive HVAC system is a major expense for many homeowners, one that needs to be performed carefully so that you can get the most out of your system. Our team offers excellent heat pump installation services throughout the Des Moines area. We can discuss your options with you and make sure that your new system matches your home perfectly and satisfies your budgetary requirements. When you deal with Golden Rule Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, you can rest assured that the job is completed correctly the first time.
Protecting Your Heat Pump Installation
1-year Labor Warranty
Golden Rule offers a 1-year labor warranty for all heat pump installs. If you need repairs within a year of the install, we'll return and fix it without charging for labor.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We promise to give you a heat pump install that meets or exceeds your expectations. If for any reason that didn't happen, we'll go above and beyond to resolve your concern.
The Gold Club: Maintenance Doesn't Get Any Better Than This
What do over 8,000 Des Moines homeowners have in common? They're all protected by the state's most comprehensive whole-home maintenance plan, The Golden Rule Gold Club!
With the Gold Club, you'll receive three annual scheduled tune-up visits (heating, cooling and plumbing), plus discounts on repairs, priority service, no trip charges, and more for less than $9 a month!
The R.U.L.E.S. We Live By
The pride of Golden Rule is our outstanding service and the rules we live by every day. We hold our customer service very highly and want to make sure you are taken care of to the best of our ability. No matter the problem, we will take care of you.
Below are our values or “rules to live by":
- Respect: We listen to our customers and seek out solutions on terms they're happy with.
- Understanding: We know you're busy and work hard to make service fast and convenient.
- Loyalty: We treat your home with courtesy and respect and leave it cleaner than we found it.
- Expertise: We train constantly to give our customers the best outcomes with every visit.
- Service: We look for ways to go above and beyond to help make your service visit a great one.
Had a crew out the next day to install...
Corbin M. came by because we were debating repairing our current heat pump system or replacing it. Corbin explained the pros and cons of each choice and listened to our concerns. In the end we decided that we'd replace our heat pump and Corbin was able to provide us with a great value, and had a crew out the next day to install. We had a couple rooms that were always hotter or colder that the rest of the house, so Corbin provided a cost effective solution to resolve that issue. —Ryan T.