One of the most efficient and environmentally friendly HVAC systems to come to market in recent memory is the geothermal heat pump. Golden Rule loves installing these systems because they use up to 70% less energy than a standard heat pump, saving our customers a ton of money on their energy bills every year. Best of all, Golden Rule is a rarity in the sense that we’ve already installed plenty of these systems in homes across Des Moines. Add to that our excellent financing plans, rebate assistance, and the best warranty protections in the state, and you’ve got an installation experience that can’t be beaten. Call us today and see for yourself!
Scheduling Your Geothermal Heat Pump Estimate
Fast, Friendly & Convenient Scheduling in 3 Steps!
- Reach out to us: When you’re ready to schedule a free geothermal heat pump install estimate, you have two convenient ways of doing so: by phone or online. We’ll have your in-home estimate booked in minutes!
- Get call reminders: You won’t ever have to worry about missing your appointment when you schedule with Golden Rule. You’ll receive courtesy reminders the day before and the day of your scheduled estimate visit.
- Meet your System Engineer: We’ll text you your System Engineer’s name, picture, and bio on the day of your estimate, so you’ll know exactly who’s showing up at your door.
Quoting Your Geothermal Heat Pump Install
How much does it cost to install a geothermal heat pump in Des Moines?
Estimates the Golden Rule way
At Golden Rule, our goal is to give each customer the kind of estimate that we’d want for ourselves—one that’s transparent, honest, and free from sales pressure. And that’s exactly what you’ll get when you call us for your geothermal heat pump estimate.
Cost of your estimate: FREE
Schedule Geothermal System Install
What factors affect the cost of a geothermal heat pump installation?
- Size of the system: The bigger the geothermal heat pump, the more expensive the system is to install. System size is directly correlated with home size. But the age of the home, insulation, window quality, etc., can also impact size. Most geothermal systems made for residential use range from 2 to 5 tons. When in doubt, an expert from Golden Rule can help you size the system perfectly for your home during a free in-home estimate.
- System efficiency: Just like a standard heat pump, geothermal heat pumps have a variety of performance standards. Variable speed compressors are the most efficient, and according to the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, may use up to 75% less power than single-stage or two-stage capacity compressors.
- Rebates & tax credits: Geothermal heat pumps are some of the most efficient HVAC systems on the market. Utility companies and local governments tend to offer rebates to install them, and even the federal government may have tax credits in place to reduce the cost of your new geothermal system.
Installing Your Heat Pump
We imagined the perfect heat pump installation…
We’ll help you get approved for any relevant clean-energy rebates available.
We source the industry’s most trusted brands for our homes and the homes of our customers.
Our lead installers are NATE-certified and trained at our in-house facility.
We pride ourselves on keeping a clean workspace. Shoe covers are mandatory.
Thousands of successful HVAC installations are completed every year.
We have portable units we can bring over while you wait for your installation.
Geothermal Heat Pump FAQ
For one, they don’t burn fossil fuels! Most of a home’s energy bills come from heating fuel costs. But geothermal systems don’t need fuel to heat or cool your home. That energy comes right from the earth and from the heat that’s stored naturally beneath your feet. And while geothermal systems do require more electricity to run than a furnace, it’s still far more efficient. By the EPA’s estimates, they can reduce energy bills by as much as 65%.
Protecting Your Geothermal Heat Pump Installation
1-year Labor Warranty
Golden Rule offers a 1-year labor warranty for all geothermal system installs. If you need repairs within a year of the installation, we’ll return and fix it without charging for labor.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We’ll give you a geothermal system install that meets or exceeds your expectations. If for any reason that didn’t happen, we’ll go above and beyond to resolve your concern.