Golden Rule Process
Get the Golden Rule Treatment on Your Next Whole-Home Repiping
Installing a fresh set of pipes in your home can reduce costly repairs, improve water pressure, prevent clogs and above all, increase the value of your home. But we also understand that it can be disruptive, both to your life and to your finances. So we kicked our service up a notch by offering better financing plans (as low as 0% for up to five years!) more experienced plumbers, and the best warranty protections in the state. Simply put, nobody comes close to delivering more value on your whole-home repiping than Golden Rule.
Find out how each part of our whole-home repiping process applies The Golden Rule:
Scheduling Your Whole-Home Repiping
Fast, Friendly & Convenient Scheduling in 3 Steps!
- Reach out to us: To book a free repiping estimate, give us a call at your earliest convenience, or schedule your service online. We'll have your estimate booked in just minutes.
- Get call reminders: You'll never miss a service appointment with Golden Rule. Our team keeps you apprised of your estimate with two courtesy reminder calls the day before and the day of your service.
- Meet your electrician: We'll text you your plumber's name, picture and bio on the day of your estimate, so you'll know exactly who's showing up at your door.
Want even more reasons to schedule with Golden Rule?
- Convenient morning and afternoon time slots
- SMS text confirmations for your appointment
- Real-time location updates when your tech is on the way
Everyone is friendly and they communicate well on when they will be coming.—LJ Johnson
Pricing Your Whole-Home Repiping
How much does it cost to repipe a home in Des Moines?
- Low $1,500
- Our Average $8,250
- High $15,000
Diagnostics the Golden Rule way
At Golden Rule, our goal is to give each customer the kind of estimate that we'd want for ourselves—one that's transparent, honest, and free from sales pressure. And that's exactly what you'll get when you call us for your whole-home piping.
- Cost of your estimate: FREE
What factors affect the cost of a whole-home repiping?
- The pipe materials: The two most common types of pipe material used in modern repiping projects are copper and PEX. Copper is the more expensive option of the two, but may offer benefits that aren't available to PEX. An expert plumber from Golden Rule can help you determine which is best for your home.
- The size of the home: This won't come as a surprise, but larger homes tend to have more piping and more plumbing fixtures, which in turn increases the scope and size of the job. After receiving your free estimate with Golden Rule, you'll have a much better idea of the project's scope and how long it will take to complete.
- Contractor experience: Repiping projects are considerable both in scope and cost, so it's important to get more than one opinion—and more than one estimate—for the job. The lowest estimates can seem enticing, but the value delivered is ultimately what matters. Value includes the experience of the plumbers, the warranty protections, the financing options, and the peace of mind received from reviews, years in business, etc. We expect that after you've done your due diligence, you'll see that Golden Rule offers more value by far than any other plumbing contractor in Des Moines.
Worked really hard to make sure I was getting the best deal for my money.—Shell S.
Completing Your Whole-Home Repiping
We imagined the perfect home repiping...Then we made it a reality for our customers
- RespectfulHave a personal request? We'll follow it to the letter.
- DependableWe keep to our schedules and finish the job on time.
- ProfessionalOur plumbers are licensed and trained in-house.
- CleanShoe covers are worn at all times in your home.
- ReliableDozens of repiping jobs completed every year.
- AccessibleFinancing available with interest as low as 0%.
Whole-Home Repiping FAQ
If you find that your home has multiple leaks scattered throughout the home, and the repair bills are mounting up, it might be the age of the pipes causing the issue. Alternatively, if you find that you have decreased water pressure and you know that your pipes are old, there may be a significant build-up of mineral deposits left behind by hard water.
The benefits of professional repiping are clear. Not only will you have an entirely new plumbing system, but you give yourself the peace of mind that everything will work for years to come. Your water pressure may increase, your system will be less prone to leaking and clogging — everything will run that much more smoothly.
Protecting Your Whole-Home Rewiring
1-Year Labor Warranty
Golden Rule offers a 1-year labor warranty for all home repipings. If you need repairs within a year of the install, we'll return and fix it without charging for labor.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We promise to give you a whole-home repiping that meets or exceeds your expectations. If for any reason that didn't happen, we'll go above and beyond to resolve your concern.
The Gold Club: Maintenance Doesn't Get Any Better Than This
What do over 8,000 Des Moines homeowners have in common? They're all protected by the state's most comprehensive whole-home maintenance plan, The Golden Rule Gold Club!
With the Gold Club, you'll receive three annual scheduled tune-up visits (heating, cooling and plumbing), plus discounts on repairs, priority service, no trip charges, and more for less than $9 a month!
The R.U.L.E.S. We Live By
The pride of Golden Rule is our outstanding service and the rules we live by every day. We hold our customer service very highly and want to make sure you are taken care of to the best of our ability. No matter the problem, we will take care of you.
Below are our values or “rules to live by":
- Respect: We listen to our customers and seek out solutions on terms they're happy with.
- Understanding: We know you're busy and work hard to make service fast and convenient.
- Loyalty: We treat your home with courtesy and respect and leave it cleaner than we found it.
- Expertise: We train constantly to give our customers the best outcomes with every visit.
- Service: We look for ways to go above and beyond to help make your service visit a great one.
I feel fortunate to have worked with Golden Rule...
Golden rule exceeded my expectations for my home remodel and repiping project. All the employees that I worked with were very courteous and professional. They were extremely responsive to how I wanted the project to turn out and made the job look easy even though it was quite the challenge to figure out how to get plumbing to all the different parts of an already built 1880's home. I feel fortunate to have worked with Golden Rule and will make them my first choice in the future!—D. Gordon