A sump pump is your home’s last line of defense against flood damage. That makes it one of the most important pieces of plumbing equipment in your home. If your sump pump has been damaged or fallen into disrepair, your friends at Golden Rule can help. We can repair or maintain any sump pump on the market, and most repairs take just one visit to your home to complete. And should flooding occur, we’re here for you with 24/7 emergency support.
Scheduling Your Sump Pump Repair/Replacement
Fast, Friendly & Convenient Scheduling in 3 Steps!
- Reach out to us: You have more ways than ever to schedule with Golden Rule. Whether you call or schedule online, we’ll have your appointment booked in no time.
- Get call reminders: We’ll help you keep track of your upcoming appointment with courtesy reminders both the day before and the day of your service.
- Meet your plumber: We’ll text you your plumber’s name, picture, and bio on the day of your appointment, so you’ll know exactly who’s showing up at your door.
Pricing Your Sump Pump Repair/Replacement
How much does it cost to repair or replace a sump pump in Des Moines?
Service the Golden Rule way
Our service calls have two goals: identify what’s wrong with the system and give you options on how to fix it. You get to decide how you’d like to proceed with the repair, and we’ll make sure you’re quoted a fair price for the work. No, if, and’s, or but’s. Just our promise to you.
- Minimum fee without repair: $72 (Free for Golden Rule Club Members)
- Evaluation with repair: Always FREE
What factors affect the cost of a sump pump repair or replacement?
- Replacing or repairing: It’s almost always more expensive to replace a sump pump than it is to repair one. Some exceptions would be if the sump pump is very old, has seen extensive use, or if the motor needs to be replaced. A Golden Rule plumber will make every attempt to resolve your issue within your budget and will always give you multiple repair options to choose from.
- Type of sump pump: Some types of sump pumps are more expensive to repair or install. Submersible sump pumps have stronger motors, take up less space, and don’t clog easily, but they do cost more to repair or install than pedestal pumps on average. Pedestal pumps are easier to access (hence the more affordable repairs) and tend to last longer.
- Installing a battery backup: If a storm knocks out power to your home, or if your primary sump pump stops working for any other reason, a battery backup will kick in and keep your basement from flooding. We recommend backups because they’re much more affordable than what you’d pay in water damage and mold remediation services should the worst happen.
Completing Your Sump Pump Repair/Replacement
We imagined the perfect sump pump service visit…
Have a personal request? We’ll follow it to the letter.
99% of repairs were completed in just one day.
Our plumbers are licensed and trained in-house.
Shoe covers are worn at all times in your home.
Thousands of successful repairs call every year.
Financing is available for repairs upon request.
Sump Pump Repair/Replacement FAQ
- Type: As a general rule of thumb, submersible sump pumps won’t last as long as pedestal sump pumps. Submersible pumps average about 10 years, pedestal a bit longer.
- Use: If your sump pump sees a good amount of use, it’s worth considering a replacement every 7 or so years, and even as few as 5 years if you don’t have a battery backup.
- Install: If a sump pump was installed incorrectly, it may not last beyond that first big storm. That’s why we always recommend hiring a professional company with a strong reputation to install the sump pump for you.
Protecting Your Sump Pump Repair/Replacement
1-year Labor Warranty
Golden Rule offers a 1-year labor warranty for repairs and installs. If you need repairs after the job is complete, we’ll return and fix it without charging for labor.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We promise to service your sump pump in a way that meets or exceeds your expectations. If for any reason that didn’t happen, we’ll go above and beyond to resolve your concern.