The Golden Rule family is committed to making AC repairs faster, fairer, and more convenient for homeowners in Des Moines. That means applying the Golden Rule to every step in the AC repair process, from the moment you schedule service to the guarantees that protect your repair once we’ve left.
Scheduling Your AC Repair
Fast, Friendly & Convenient Scheduling in 3 Steps!
- Reach out to us: You have more ways than ever to schedule with Golden Rule. Whether you call or schedule online, we’ll have your appointment booked in no time.
- Get call reminders: Surprises are fun for birthday parties, not repair visits. That’s why we provide courtesy reminders the day before and the day of your scheduled service date.
- Meet your technician: We’ll text you your technician’s name, picture, and bio on the day of your appointment, so you’ll know exactly who’s showing up at your door.
Pricing Your AC Repair
How much does repairing an AC in Des Moines cost to repair?
Service the Golden Rule way
Our service calls have two goals: identify what’s wrong with the system and give you options on how to fix it. You get to decide how you’d like to proceed with the repair, and we’ll make sure you’re quoted a fair price for the work. No, if’s, and’s, or but’s. Just our promise to you.
Minimum fee without repair: $72 (Free for Golden Rule Club Members)
Evaluation with repair: Always free
What factors affect the cost of an AC repair?
- Replacement parts: Our air conditioners work hard during those summer months in Iowa. Over time, individual parts simply wear out and break down. Some parts cost just a few dollars to replace, while others can cost a few hundred. The good news is we almost always have the parts on hand to make your repair in just one day.
- Warranty status: Warranties come in two varieties: parts and labor. Parts warranties are covered by the manufacturer when the system is first installed, while labor warranties are usually covered by the company that installed the AC. The total cost of the repair could be covered if you have both, so we’ll always check to make sure you’re saving as much as possible.
- Contractor experience: Hiring a licensed and insured contractor with a reliable and proven track record is almost always a good idea. Their prices may be slightly higher, but they make up for that with the sheer value they deliver, such as stronger warranties, guarantees, and of course, the peace of mind that the repair will resolve the issue!
Completing Your AC Repair
We imagined the perfect AC repair…
All makes and models are repaired, with no exceptions.
99% of repairs were completed in just one day.
NATE-certified techs trained in-house.
Shoe covers are worn at all times in your home.
Thousands of successful repairs call every year.
Financing is available for repairs upon request.
Air Conditioning Repair FAQ
- Inadequate cooling: Don’t settle for anything less than complete comfort during the summer months. When the cooling level from your AC begins to drop, we can make sure that the cause of the issue is discovered and taken care of as soon as possible.
- Uneven cooling: If certain rooms are not receiving the same level of cooling as others, it is often a problem with the zone control dampers; it might also stem from duct damage. Our professionals will track down the reason for the problem and find the best way to remedy it.
- Your system won’t start: If your AC fails to start when you adjust the thermostat, then it could have trouble from a bad capacitor or some other electrical issue. It could also be a problem with a mix-calibrated or malfunctioning thermostat.
- Expensive electrical bills: If you notice a spike in your electrical bills during a time when the air conditioner runs regularly, then the rise may come from a fault inside the AC. Call our technicians to investigate.
Protecting Your AC Repair
1-Year Labor Warranty
Golden Rule offers a 1-year labor warranty for all furnace installs. If you need repairs within a year of the installation, we’ll return and fix it without charging for labor.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We promise to give you a furnace installation that meets or exceeds your expectations. If for any reason that didn’t happen, we’ll go above and beyond to resolve your concern.