- Job Type: Full-Time
- Minimum Years of Education Required: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Pay: Executive Pay-Level Position
- Must be Authorized to Work in the US
We are looking for an HVAC General Manager to lead and manage our service department. This position does not require HVAC experience to be successful. If you believe in making individuals better than they were the day before, connecting the dots to produce results, and communicating a company’s vision, this is the opportunity you have been looking for. At Golden Rule, we believe in solving problems and providing solutions to deliver a world-class customer service experience. This person will be responsible for treating people like they want to be treated and being recognized for their efforts.
This is an executive pay-level position. We offer great benefits, with advancement opportunities.
- Conducts group and one-on-one meetings with department as required for training, evaluation, and general communication: participates and/or conducts regularly scheduled departmental safety/informational meetings
- Supervises and directs HVAC technicians to effectively perform the functions of equipment maintenance, repair, installation, start-up, and other duties as required to ensure customer satisfaction
- Review work orders, invoices, and time reports for accuracy, and to ensure timely cash flow and maintain minimal account receivables
- Develops and monitors annual and monthly budgets, goals, and objectives to ensure department profitability
- Communicates regularly with dispatch to ensure that personnel are being scheduled properly by skill level, efficiency, and training requirements
- Work with other departmental managers to meet company and departmental goals and objectives
- Act as a liaison between the company and customers forming and maintaining positive relationships
- Support strategic and tactical plans as required to meet company goals and objectives
- Tracks internal metrics and KPIs and reports to the leadership team to make informative decisions
- Assists in the development, implementation, and evaluation of new processes put in place that align with the overall company vision
- Other tasks and responsibilities as required to maintain efficient department operations
- Proven ability to teach, coach, and mentor a group of individuals to create positive results
- Excellent customer service and sales skills
- Five years of management experience
- Excellent leadership skills to enhance team productivity and standards of work produced
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and strong conflict management skills
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments
- Possesses a strong personal desire for improvement; and a desire to motivate
- Possesses a strong personal desire for problem-solving and providing solutions
- Good computer skills: knowledge of and proficiency in common office applications such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and general software navigation
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401k Plan with a 3% company match/Profit Share after 1 Year of Employment
- Personal Time Off (i.e. – vacation, sick day)
- Healthiest You App – Online medical info/clinic service offered free to employees and their families, if on company insurance
- A family. This is last on the list because it is the most important. We care about our team and expect you to bring that same caring when you join. We do a lot more than just work together. You’ll come to love our company outings, and you’ll build life-long friendships at Golden Rule.
Golden Rule has been serving the greater Des Moines area with the BEST service in the Plumbing & HVAC industry since 1999. We have experienced significant growth every year we have been in business and continue to grow. Our GOAL is to find the right people and let them do what they do best! We pride ourselves in being a FAMILY working for families. If this is what you are looking for, we are looking for YOU!
We provide best-in-class training for our Team Members. We also provide continuing education for our team members, and we also provide ongoing training to develop our Team Members!
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.