Golden Rule Process
Get the Golden Rule Treatment on Your Next Ductless AC Installation
Your friends at Golden Rule are here to give you honest answers and transparent pricing on the latest mini-split systems by Ruud. Our NATE-certified System Engineers are the best in Des Moines, and take pride in helping our customers select a system that matches their comfort and budget needs. Nothing is left to chance during our installation process, and the protections we provide each homeowner are unmatched in the state of Iowa.
Find out more about how each part of our ductless AC install process applies The Golden Rule:
Scheduling Your Ductless AC Estimate
Fast, Friendly & Convenient Scheduling in 3 Steps!
- Reach out to us: When you're ready to schedule your free ductless AC estimate, you have three convenient ways of doing so: by text, by phone, or online. Your visit will be booked in just minutes!
- Get call reminders: Worried about forgetting your appointment? We've got you covered. We provide two courtesy calls, one on the day before your appointment and one on the day of.
- Meet your system engineer: We'll text you your system engineer's name, picture and bio on the day of your estimate, so you'll know exactly who's showing up at your door.
Want even more reasons to schedule with Golden Rule?
- Convenient morning and afternoon time slots
- SMS text confirmations for your appointment
- Get location updates in real time once your engineer is on the way.
Quick and efficient scheduling!—Jamie M.
Quoting Your Mini-Split Installation
How much does it cost to install a ductless AC in Des Moines?
- Low $2,000
- Our Average $5,000
- High $14,500
Estimates the Golden Rule way
When it comes to receiving an estimate for your mini-split system, the Golden Rule way means receiving a price that's transparent, upfront and always honest. We give each customer an install estimate that we ourselves would wish to have if the situation were reversed. And we never sell a system to a customer that they're not satisfied with 100%.
- Cost of your ductless AC estimate: FREE
What factors affect the cost of a ductless AC install?
- System efficiency: Air handlers have different efficiency levels which homeowners can identify by their SEER ratings. Systems with higher SEER scores are excellent at reducing monthly energy bills. But you'll want to make sure you find a system that's agreeable to your budget as well, which is why we always provide multiple system options to choose from.
- Home size: Unlike central AC systems which push air through a network of ducts, a mini-split system relies on separate air handlers to perform the same task. In effect, you'll be using multiple "mini ACs" to create "cooling zones" in your home. A Golden Rule System Engineer can help you determine the number of air handlers that makes the most sense for your home.
- Location of air handlers: Each air handler in a home is connected to an outdoor unit via a network of refrigerant lines, electrical wires and sensors. The farther away an air handler is from the main outdoor unit, the more expensive it is to install.
They give you options and work with you to determine what’s needed.—Ronna S.
Installing Your Mini-Split System
We imagined the perfect ductless AC installation...Then we made it a reality for our customers
- CraftsmanshipRuud is our brand of choice for our homes and the homes of our customers.
- ConvenienceWe'll help you with any energy rebates to ensure you receive the best price possible.
- ProfessionalismOur lead installers are NATE-certified and trained at our in-house facility.
- CleanlinessWe pride ourselves in keeping a clean workspace. Shoe covers are mandatory.
- Reliability1,000+ successful HVAC installations completed every year.
- KindnessWe have portable AC units we can bring over while you wait for your installation.
Ductless AC Installation FAQ
A ductless mini-split makes a great heating and cooling solution for residential homes in Des Moines. Instead of using ductwork to pull your indoor air through the air handler, condition it, and then distribute it to various rooms in the home, a ductless mini-split pairs a conventional outdoor unit with series of compact indoor air handlers that sit directly on the wall of the living space. The lack of ductwork allows the system to be much more efficient as no air is lost in transmission. A group of electrical, refrigerant, and drainage lines connects the two units and each indoor air handler has its own thermostat. We offer excellent ductless mini-split service in Des Moines.
Yes they do! Mini-splits provide excellent heating during the winter and cool comfort during the summer, all while keeping your bills to a minimum.
Protecting Your AC Installation
1-Year Labor Warranty on Mini-Split Installs
You're seeing that right. Golden Rule offers a 1-year labor warranty for all mini-split installs. If you need repairs within a year of the install, we'll return and fix it without charging for labor.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee Behind Every Install
We promise to give you an AC installation that meets or exceeds your expectations. If for any reason that didn't happen, we'll go above and beyond to resolve your concern.
The Gold Club: Maintenance Doesn't Get Any Better Than This
What do over 8,000 Des Moines homeowners have in common? They're all protected by the state's most comprehensive whole-home maintenance plan, The Golden Rule Gold Club!
With the Gold Club, you'll receive three annual scheduled tune-up visits (heating, cooling and plumbing), plus discounts on repairs, priority service, no trip charges, and more for less than $9 a month!
The R.U.L.E.S. We Live By
The pride of Golden Rule is our outstanding service and the rules we live by every day. We hold our customer service very highly and want to make sure you are taken care of to the best of our ability. No matter the problem, we will take care of you.
Below are our values or “rules to live by":
- Respect: We listen to our customers and seek out solutions on terms they're happy with.
- Understanding: We know you're busy and work hard to make service fast and convenient.
- Loyalty: We treat your home with courtesy and respect and leave it cleaner than we found it.
- Expertise: We train constantly to give our customers the best outcomes with every visit.
- Service: We look for ways to go above and beyond to help make your service visit a great one.
Worked hard to make sure I got the best deal for my money...
Bobby is very knowledgeable. He worked really hard to make sure I got the best deal for my money. Theron and Matt were prompt, efficient, and friendly. They definitely take the time to make sure you know how to run the new system. —Shell S.