Golden Rule Process
Get the Golden Rule Treatment for Your Next Duct Repair
If you have concerns about the state of your home's ductwork, your friends at Golden Rule are here to help. We look out for our customer's interests by providing transparent diagnostics, fair and upfront quotes, and the highest quality service—exactly what we'd want to see if we were in your shoes. Every step of our duct repair process is designed with the golden rule in mind, which means you'll receive honest service from our team, every time.
Find out how each part of our duct repair process applies The Golden Rule:
Scheduling Your Duct Repair
Fast, Friendly & Convenient Scheduling in 3 Steps!
- Reach out to us: You have more ways than ever to schedule with Golden Rule. Whether you call or schedule online, we'll have your appointment booked in no time.
- Get call reminders: Our team keeps you in the loop by providing courtesy call reminders both the day before and the day of your duct repair.
- Meet your technician: We'll text you your technician's name, picture and bio on the day of your appointment, so you'll know exactly who's showing up at your door.
Want even more reasons to schedule with Golden Rule?
- Convenient morning and afternoon time slots
- SMS text confirmations for your appointment
- Real-time location updates when your tech is on the way
Golden Rule was on time, did a great job of up front pricing and stuck to their quote. They were very professional and courteous.—Gary B.
Pricing Your Duct Repair
How much does it cost for a duct repair in Des Moines?
- Low $200
- Our Average $375
- High $10,000
Diagnostics the Golden Rule way
Our diagnostics have two goals: identity which areas of your ductwork need repairs, and then give you options based on your budget. You get to decide how you'd like to proceed with the repair, and we'll make sure you're quoted a fair price for the work. No if's, and's, or but's. Just our promise to you.
- Cost of your diagnostic w/out repair: $72 (Free for Gold Club Members)
- Cost of your diagnostic with repair: Always FREE
What factors affect the cost of a duct repair?
- State of the ductwork: When Golden Rule arrives at a home for a duct repair, the first thing we do is perform a thorough diagnostic of the entire system. The goal is to understand the extent of the damage as well as the type of damage. If the damage is significant, there may be areas where we suggest replacing the ductwork instead. This can add to cost, but it will dramatically improve your home's energy bills and air quality in the long run.
- Accessibility of the ductwork: Most of the ductwork we come across is in a crawlspace or confined behind a wall or ceiling. Both can pose challenges to accessibility, which in turn can increase cost. At Golden Rule, we're always upfront with you about the challenges as we see them, and we'll make sure you're aware of them before we get to work.
- Contractor experience: Experienced contractors tend to have higher costs. But that higher cost comes with lots of great benefits such as better protections (longer-lasting warranties, licensed techs, etc), a higher quality finished product, and faster response times.
They broke down the cost variables and details in a helpful way and made this process so easy!—Nina C.
Completing Your Duct Repair
We imagined the perfect duct repair...Then we made it a reality for our customers
- RespectfulHave a personal request? We'll follow it to the letter.
- Consistent99% of repairs completed in just one day.
- ProfessionalNATE-certified techs trained in-house.
- CleanShoe covers are worn at all times in your home.
- ReliableHundreds of successful duct repairs every year.
- AccessibleFinancing available for repairs upon request.
Duct Repair FAQ
A few signs may tip you off to issues involving your ductwork. Some of the most common signs include:
- Whistling or hissing sound: If you find that your ducts make a hissing or whistling sound during the operation of your heating and cooling system, then you may have a small tear or hole in the ductwork.
- Lack of adequate heating and cooling: Inadequate heating and cooling may be linked to a ductwork problem that needs to be fixed.
- Uneven heating and cooling: If one section of your ductwork is damaged, then you may first notice it by the lack of heating or cooling in that area.
Air duct repairs are essential for the optimal functioning of your HVAC systems, as well as for ensuring that you are living in a healthy home environment. A ventilation system that's in disrepair can greatly diminish your overall living environment and air quality, and may even have a negative impact on your sleep. Poor indoor air quality can also be detrimental for your health, and can cause you or your family to suffer from allergies. In addition, damaged ductwork can force your HVAC system to work overtime to heat/cool your home, leading to higher energy bills and a reduced system lifespan.
Protecting Your Duct Repair
1-Year Labor Warranty
Every duct repair is protected by an industry-leading 1-year warranty on labor. If our repair doesn't resolve your issue, we'll return and fix it, minus the labor charges.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We promise to give you a duct repair that goes above and beyond to give you the service you deserve. If you're not happy, we'll return and make it right.
The Gold Club: Maintenance Doesn't Get Any Better Than This
What do over 8,000 Des Moines homeowners have in common? They're all protected by the state's most comprehensive whole-home maintenance plan, The Golden Rule Gold Club!
With the Gold Club, you'll receive three annual scheduled tune-up visits (heating, cooling and plumbing), plus discounts on repairs, priority service, no trip charges, and more for less than $9 a month!
The R.U.L.E.S. We Live By
The pride of Golden Rule is our outstanding service and the rules we live by every day. We hold our customer service very highly and want to make sure you are taken care of to the best of our ability. No matter the problem, we will take care of you.
Below are our values or “rules to live by":
- Respect: We listen to our customers and seek out solutions on terms they're happy with.
- Understanding: We know you're busy and work hard to make service fast and convenient.
- Loyalty: We treat your home with courtesy and respect and leave it cleaner than we found it.
- Expertise: We train constantly to give our customers the best outcomes with every visit.
- Service: We look for ways to go above and beyond to help make your service visit a great one.
We will definitely be returning customers...
Jason from Golden Rule was very professional and very patient with me. He explained everything every step of the way so we understood what was wrong and what needed to be done to fix it. We will definitely be returning customers. Thanks Golden Rule and thank you Jason. —Victoria K.