Golden Rule Process
Get the Golden Rule Treatment on Your Next Geothermal Heat Pump Installation
One of the most efficient and environmentally friendly HVAC systems to come to market in recent memory is the geothermal heat pump. Golden Rule absolutely loves installing these systems because they use up to 70% less energy than a standard heat pump, saving our customers a ton of money on their energy bills every year. Best of all, Golden Rule is a rarity in the sense that we've already installed plenty of these systems in homes across Des Moines. Add to that our excellent financing plans, rebate assistance, and the best warranty protections in the state, and you've got an installation experience that can't be beat. Call us today and see for yourself!
Find out how each part of our geothermal heat pump install process applies The Golden Rule:
Scheduling Your Geothermal Heat Pump Estimate
Fast, Friendly & Convenient Scheduling in 3 Steps!
- Reach out to us: When you're ready to schedule a free geothermal heat pump install estimate, you have two convenient ways of doing so: by phone or online. We'll have your in-home estimate booked in minutes!
- Get call reminders: You won't ever have to worry about missing your appointment when you schedule with Golden Rule. You'll receive courtesy calls the day before and the day of your scheduled estimate visit.
- Meet your system engineer: We'll text you your system engineer's name, picture and bio on the day of your estimate, so you'll know exactly who's showing up at your door.
Want even more reasons to schedule with Golden Rule?
- Convenient morning and afternoon time slots
- SMS text confirmations for your appointment
- Real-time location updates when your tech is on the way
I love that they send a picture of the service person ahead of time so you know who is coming to your door...—Pat B.
Quoting Your Geothermal Heat Pump Install
How much does it cost to install a geothermal heat pump in Des Moines?
- Low $12,000
- Our Average $13,500
- High $15,000
Estimates the Golden Rule way
At Golden Rule, our goal is to give each customer the kind of estimate that we'd want for ourselves—one that's transparent, honest and free from sales pressure. And that's exactly what you'll get when you call us for your geothermal heat pump estimate.
Cost of your estimate: FREE
What factors affect the cost of a geothermal heat pump install?
- Size of the system: The bigger the geothermal heat pump, the more expensive the system is to install. System size is directly correlated with home size. But the age of the home, insulation, window quality, etc., can also impact size. Most geothermal systems made for residential use range from 2 to 5 tons. When in doubt, an expert from Golden Rule can help you size the system perfectly for your home during a free in-home estimate.
- System efficiency: Just like a standard heat pump, geothermal heat pumps have a variety of performance standards. Variable speed compressors are the most efficient, and according to the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, may use up to 75% less power than single-stage or two-stage capacity compressors.
- Rebates & tax credits: Geothermal heat pumps are some of the most efficient HVAC systems on the market. Utility companies and local governments tend to offer rebates to install them, and even the federal government may have tax credits in place to reduce the cost of your new geothermal system.
I have always been impressed with the technicians and how they give you options and work with you to determine what's needed.—Ronna S.
Installing Your Heat Pump
We imagined the perfect heat pump installation...Then we made it a reality for our customers
- CraftsmanshipThe brands we install for our customers are the brands we'd want for ourselves.
- ConvenienceWe'll help you get approved you for any relevant clean-energy rebates available.
- ProfessionalismOur lead installers are NATE-certified and trained at our in-house facility.
- CleanlinessWe pride ourselves in keeping a clean workspace. Shoe covers are mandatory.
- Reliability1,000+ successful HVAC installations completed every year.
- AccessibleFinancing available for the latest geothermal heat pump systems.
Geothermal Heat Pump FAQ
A geothermal system is a heat pump that uses the moderate temperature of the earth below the surface rather than the ambient air outdoors to keep your home comfortable throughout the year. It uses a conventional air handler and ductwork, but these are connect to an underground "earth loop" that absorbs and dissipates thermal energy during system operation. Because this underground temperature remains constant despite the fluctuating temperatures above ground, it supplies an excellent source of both heating and cooling.
Geothermal annual operating costs are much lower than, say, an oil- or gas-burning furnace. In fact, according to the EPA, "geothermal heat pumps are the most energy-efficient, environmentally clean, and cost-effective systems for heating and cooling." So how exactly do they pull it off?
For one, they don't burn fossil fuels! Most of a home's energy bills comes from heating fuel costs. But geothermal systems don't need fuel to heat or cool your home. That energy comes right from the earth and from the heat that's stored naturally beneath your feet. And while geothermal systems do require more electricity to run than a furnace, it's still far more efficient. By the EPAs estimates, they can reduce energy bills by as much as 65%.
Protecting Your Geothermal Heat Pump Installation
1-year Labor Warranty
Golden Rule offers a 1-year labor warranty for all geothermal system installs. If you need repairs within a year of the install, we'll return and fix it without charging for labor.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We'll give you a geothermal system install that meets or exceeds your expectations. If for any reason that didn't happen, we'll go above and beyond to resolve your concern.
The Gold Club: Maintenance Doesn't Get Any Better Than This
What do over 8,000 Des Moines homeowners have in common? They're all protected by the state's most comprehensive whole-home maintenance plan, The Golden Rule Gold Club!
With the Gold Club, you'll receive three annual scheduled tune-up visits (heating, cooling and plumbing), plus discounts on repairs, priority service, no trip charges, and more for less than $9 a month!
The R.U.L.E.S. We Live By
The pride of Golden Rule is our outstanding service and the rules we live by every day. We hold our customer service very highly and want to make sure you are taken care of to the best of our ability. No matter the problem, we will take care of you.
Below are our values or “rules to live by":
- Respect: We listen to our customers and seek out solutions on terms they're happy with.
- Understanding: We know you're busy and work hard to make service fast and convenient.
- Loyalty: We treat your home with courtesy and respect and leave it cleaner than we found it.
- Expertise: We train constantly to give our customers the best outcomes with every visit.
- Service: We look for ways to go above and beyond to help make your service visit a great one.
The replacement geothermal system they installed works great.
Matt and his team did a great job. The replacement geothermal system they installed works great. I would highly recommend Golden Rule.—Brian W.