Need a Furnace Repair in Des Moines?
Putting Our Customers First for Every Furnace Repair
We'll have a NATE-certified HVAC specialist at your door with tools and parts on hand to complete your furnace repair in a single visit. Furnace evaluations cost just $72 at Golden Rule, and we'll even waive the minimum fee when you repair with us!
$45.00 Furnace Tune-Up
$45.00 Furnace Tune-Up Schedule Appointment
Not valid with any other offers and cannot be redeemed or used towards minimum service charge or routine maintenance. Coupon must be mentioned prior to service. Expires December 31, 2022.
Golden Rule Process
Get the Golden Rule Treatment on Your Next Furnace Repair
The first thing you should know about Golden Rule is that we aim to give you the kind of furnace repair we'd love to have for ourselves. So we pulled out all the stops to give our customers fast same-day service, fair and upfront pricing, and more repair options than any other contractor in Des Moines. And we didn't stop there. Every repair is protected by our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee along with an unheard-of year-long warranty on labor!
Find out how each part of our furnace repair process applies The Golden Rule:
Scheduling Your Furnace Repair
Fast, Friendly & Convenient Scheduling in 3 Steps!
- Reach out to us: You have more ways than ever to schedule with Golden Rule. Whether you call or schedule online, we'll have your appointment booked in no time.
- Get call reminders: Surprises are fun for birthday parties, not repair visits. That's why we provide courtesy reminders the day before and the day of your scheduled service date.
- Meet your technician: We'll text you your technician's name, picture, and bio on the day of your appointment, so you'll know exactly who's showing up at your door.
Want even more reasons to schedule with Golden Rule?
- SMS text confirmations for your appointment
- Real-time location updates when your tech is on the way
- Expert technicians receive continual training
If I could give 10 stars I would! Same day repair, highly recommended!—Joanna N.
Pricing Your Furnace Repair
How much does it cost to repair a furnace in Des Moines?
- Low $70
- Our Average $280
- High $825
Service the Golden Rule way
Our service calls have two goals: identify what's wrong with the system, and give you options on how to fix it. You get to decide how you'd like to proceed with the repair, and we'll make sure you're quoted a fair price for the work. No if's, and's, or but's. Just our promise to you.
- Minimum fee without repair: $72 (Free for Gold Club Members)
- Evaluation with repair: Always FREE
What factors affect the cost of a furnace repair?
- Replacement parts: If your furnace isn't turning on or won't properly heat your home, any number of parts could be the culprit. And because parts vary by cost, the cost of the repair ultimately comes down to which part needs to be replaced. At Golden Rule, we help lower costs by eliminating our evaluation fees when you repair with us. Other options include financing a repair or finding a temporary fix to get you through as long as possible.
- Warranty status: If your furnace is still under a part warranty, a labor warranty, or both, it can save you a lot of money on the repair. In some cases, you won't pay anything at all! Golden Rule is a big fan of warranty protections, which is why we offer a 1-year labor warranty on all furnace repairs.
- Contractor experience: Experienced contractors add more value to your repair by way of better customer protections (licensed and insured techs, warranties, guarantees, etc), higher quality service, and faster response times. Golden Rule provides all of the above while still keeping our pricing fair and honest for our customers.
He explained everything very clearly and all the options available to us. Home repairs can be scary, but Golden Rule put me at ease.—A.V. Robinson
Completing Your Furnace Repair
We imagined the perfect furnace repair...Then we made it a reality for our customers
- ConvenientAll makes and models repaired, no exceptions.
- Consistent99% of repairs completed in just one day.
- ProfessionalNATE-certified techs trained in-house.
- CleanShoe covers are worn at all times in your home.
- ReliableThousands of successful repair calls every year.
- AccessibleFinancing available for repairs upon request.
Furnace Repair FAQ
While we can't exactly answer this question without sending a technician to assess your issues, we will say that a furnace can start acting up around the 10- to 15-year mark. This is around the time a manufacturer's warranty falls off and parts begin to fail.
That said, with regular maintenance, you can keep a furnace going strong for 20+ years. Heck, we've got a few customers with furnaces that are older than some of our techs!
There are plenty of signs that could indicate to you that your furnace requires service. While no one expects you to become an expert technician, keep an eye out for potential warning signs. Catching a problem early on may help you prevent any serious damage in the long term.
Be on the lookout for:
- Inadequate heating: Don’t settle for anything less than your absolute comfort. We can give you an accurate diagnosis of the issue and restore the functionality of your furnace as soon as possible.
- Uneven heating: If your furnace heats your home unevenly, it’s likely a sign that something has gone wrong. If you have a zone control system, then it could be a problem with one of the dampers; if not, it could be an issue with a particular section of your ductwork.
- Intermittent start-up: If you find that your furnace only turns on occasionally or fails to cooperate sometimes, then you may have a problem with the thermostat or pilot light.
Protecting Your Furnace Repair
1-Year Labor Warranty
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
The Gold Club: Maintenance Doesn't Get Any Better Than This
What do over 10,000 Des Moines metro homeowners have in common? They're all protected by the state's most comprehensive whole-home maintenance plan, The Golden Rule Gold Club!
With the Gold Club, you'll receive three annual scheduled maintenance visits (heating, cooling and plumbing), plus discounts on repairs, priority service, no trip charges, and more for less than $9 a month!
The R.U.L.E.S. We Live By
The pride of Golden Rule is our outstanding service and the rules we live by every day. We hold our customer service very highly and want to make sure you are taken care of to the best of our ability. No matter the problem, we will take care of you.
Below are our values or “rules to live by":
- Respect: We will always treat our customers the way we would like to be treated.
- Understanding: We understand that a prompt response is what our customers deserve.
- Loyalty: We are loyal to our pledge that we treat each customer’s home like it's their castle.
- Expertise: We’re masters at our trade because we never stop training.
- Service: We serve our community with the highest of ethical standards.
The furnace is working better than before!
I had Golden Rule come look at the furnace as it would not stay lit. I knew it was the flame sensor that just needed work, and our tech replaced it. After it was working again, and he was about to leave, he noticed a smell. Instead of leaving, he went to investigate. He called in some help to figure out why the furnace was overheating and smelling like gas. Turned out some hidden part was super dusty and is almost impossible to see without taking the whole thing apart. He was able to disassemble the furnace to clean out the nastiness and now the furnace is working better than before! Very happy he decided to investigate even though the main problem was fixed. —Stacy S.