Golden Rule Process
Get the Golden Rule Treatment on Your Next AC Repair
The Golden Rule family is committed to making AC repairs faster, fairer, and more convenient for homeowners in Des Moines. That means applying the golden rule to every step in the AC repair process, from the moment you schedule service all the way to the guarantees that protect your repair once we've left.
Find out how each part of our AC repair process applies The Golden Rule:
Scheduling Your AC Repair
Fast, Friendly & Convenient Scheduling in 3 Steps!
- Reach out to us: You have more ways than ever to schedule with Golden Rule. Whether you call or schedule online, we'll have your appointment booked in no time.
- Get call reminders: Surprises are fun for birthday parties, not repair visits. That's why we provide courtesy reminder calls the day before and the day of your scheduled service date.
- Meet your technician: We'll text you your technician's name, picture and bio on the day of your appointment, so you'll know exactly who's showing up at your door.
Want even more reasons to schedule with Golden Rule?
- Convenient morning and afternoon time slots
- SMS text confirmations for your appointment
- Real-time location updates when your tech is on the way
Loved how they sent me an email with my technician's picture and name beforehand. We recommend GOLDEN RULE.—Debbie H.
Pricing Your AC Repair
How much does it cost to repair an AC in Des Moines?
- Low $163
- Our Average $500
- High $3,000
Diagnostics the Golden Rule way
Our diagnostics have two goals: identify what's wrong with the system, and give you options on how to fix it. You get to decide how you'd like to proceed with the repair, and we'll make sure you're quoted a fair price for the work. No if's, and's, or but's. Just our promise to you.
- Cost of your diagnostic w/out repair: $72 (Free for Gold Club Members)
- Cost of your diagnostic with repair: Always FREE
What factors affect the cost of an AC repair?
- Replacement parts: Our air conditioners work hard during those summer months in Iowa. Over time, individual parts simply wear out and break down. Some parts cost just a few dollars to replace, while others can cost a few hundred. The good news is we almost always have the parts on hand to make your repair in just one day.
- Warranty status: Warranties come in two varieties: parts and labor. Parts warranties are covered by the manufacturer when the system is first installed, while labor warranties are usually covered by the company that installed the AC. The total cost of the repair could be covered if you have both, so we'll always check to make sure you're saving as much as possible.
- Contractor experience: Hiring a licensed and insured contractor with a reliable and proven track record is almost always a good idea. Their prices may be slightly higher, but they make up for that with the sheer value they deliver, such as stronger warranties, guarantees, and of course, the peace-of-mind that the repair will actually resolve the issue!
I have always been impressed with the technicians and how they give you options and work with you to determine what's needed.—Ronna S.
Completing Your AC Repair
We imagined the perfect AC repair...Then we made it a reality for our customers
- ConvenientAll makes and model repaired, no exceptions.
- Consistent99% of repairs completed in just one day.
- ProfessionalNATE-certified techs trained in-house.
- CleanShoe covers are worn at all times in your home.
- Reliable2,800+ successful repair calls every year.
- AccessibleFinancing available for repairs upon request.
Air Conditioning Repair FAQ
A drop in cooling power, icing along the coils, unusual noises – a variety of problems could arise from any number of parts or causes. Unless you have the proper professional training, you will not be able to determine the specific cause, and any attempts to repair the system on your own may cause further damage.
- Inadequate cooling: Don’t settle for anything less than complete comfort during the summer months. When the cooling level from your AC begins to drop, we can make sure that the cause of the issue is discovered and taken care of as soon as possible.
- Uneven cooling: If certain rooms are not receiving the same level of cooling as others, it is often a problem with the zone control dampers; it might also stem from duct damage. Our professionals will track down the reason for the problem and find the best way to remedy it.
- Your system won’t start: If your AC fails to start when you adjust the thermostat, then it could have trouble from a bad capacitor or some other electrical issue. It could also be a problem with a miscalibrated or malfunctioning thermostat.
- Expensive electrical bills: If you notice a spike in your electrical bills during a time when the air conditioner runs regularly, then the rise may come from a fault inside the AC. Call our technicians to investigate.
Protecting Your AC Repair
1-Year Labor Warranty
Golden Rule offers a 1-year labor warranty for all AC repairs. If our repair doesn't resolve your issue, we'll return and fix it without charging you a cent for labor.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We promise to give you an AC repair that meets or exceeds your expectations. If for any reason that didn't happen, we'll go above and beyond to resolve your concern.
The Gold Club: Maintenance Doesn't Get Any Better Than This
What do over 8,000 Des Moines homeowners have in common? They're all protected by the state's most comprehensive whole-home maintenance plan, The Golden Rule Gold Club!
With the Gold Club, you'll receive three annual scheduled tune-up visits (heating, cooling and plumbing), plus discounts on repairs, priority service, no trip charges, and more for less than $9 a month!
The R.U.L.E.S. We Live By
The pride of Golden Rule is our outstanding service and the rules we live by every day. We hold our customer service very highly and want to make sure you are taken care of to the best of our ability. No matter the problem, we will take care of you.
Below are our values or “rules to live by":
- Respect: We listen to our customers and seek out solutions on terms they're happy with.
- Understanding: We know you're busy and work hard to make service fast and convenient.
- Loyalty: We treat your home with courtesy and respect and leave it cleaner than we found it.
- Expertise: We train constantly to give our customers the best outcomes with every visit.
- Service: We look for ways to go above and beyond to help make your service visit a great one.
I highly recommend Golden Rule...
I called first thing this morning and the technician came out this afternoon - super helpful since it was about 95 degrees & humid! Justin did an excellent job. He was kind and professional, explained what he found wrong with the AC unit, and completed the job in a timely fashion. There was no guessing or trying to sell us something more costly 'just in case,' as we’ve had happen with other companies in the past. I highly recommend Golden Rule.—Jodi W.