When was the last time your A/C or furnace received a check-up? Ideally, the answer should be “last year,” but if it’s been longer than that, don’t worry; we’ve got you covered. In this blog post, we’ll dive into the crucial topic of regular HVAC maintenance and why it’s essential to keep your energy bills low while ensuring your HVAC system runs smoothly for years to come.
Why Regular HVAC Maintenance Matters:
With years of experience maintaining thousands of air conditioners and furnaces in the Des Moines, Iowa, metro, we understand the importance of regular HVAC maintenance better than anyone. Let’s explore some of the most frequently asked questions about maintaining your HVAC system:
- What is an Annual System Check?An annual system check is like routine maintenance for your HVAC system, similar to getting your car’s tires rotated or changing the oil. It involves thoroughly inspecting and servicing your air conditioner and furnace to ensure they operate efficiently and detect potential issues before they become costly.
- Why Does My HVAC System Need Maintenance?Regular maintenance is crucial for several reasons:
- It extends the lifespan of your HVAC system.
- It improves energy efficiency, reducing your utility bills.
- It helps maintain the manufacturer’s warranty.
- It ensures safe operation.
- Who Needs an Annual System Check?Everyone who owns an HVAC system should schedule annual maintenance to keep it in optimal condition.
- How Much Does Regular Maintenance Cost?Golden Rule offers basic system checks starting at just $119, making it an affordable investment in the longevity and efficiency of your HVAC system. For our Gold Club members, however, System Checks are FREE!
- How Do I Schedule a System Check for My Air Conditioner or Furnace?Scheduling a system check is easy; you can call us or visit our website and complete the request for service form. We’ll get back to you within 24 hours to schedule your service.
The Checklist: What Happens During a System Check?
During a system check, we comprehensively inspect your HVAC system. Our checklist includes over 30 items, such as:
- Ensuring safe system operation.
- Checking the air filter.
- Cleaning the outdoor condenser coil.
- Verifying the blower motor and all electrical components.
The Benefits of Regular HVAC Maintenance:
Regular HVAC maintenance is akin to routine car maintenance; without it, your system will wear down and become less efficient, ultimately costing you more money. In fact, energy experts have found that the efficiency of your HVAC system can drop by as much as 10% without annual maintenance. If you notice leaks, weak airflow, vibrations, or unusual odors, it’s crucial to address them promptly.
We recommend two system checks per year, preferably before each season. The first check typically takes place in the spring or early summer, with the second in late summer or fall. However, maintenance can be done at any time of the year, ensuring your system remains well-maintained.
Routine maintenance is essential even if you recently installed a new air conditioner or furnace. Many factors can affect system performance, including refrigerant levels, airflow, electrical components, and wiring. Regular annual maintenance ensures your system operates at its best.
Golden Rule’s Offerings:
At Golden Rule, our basic system check starts at $119, and we can service any HVAC system, regardless of make or model, even if we didn’t install it. For those looking to save money while protecting their investment, we offer Gold Club Membership, starting at just $12.99 monthly. Benefits include free system checks, priority status, no trip charges, discounts on accessories and equipment, and remote system monitoring and reporting on your system’s health.
Scheduling Your Maintenance:
Scheduling your maintenance is straightforward. You can call us or visit our website and complete the request for service form. We’ll get in touch within 24 hours to schedule your service. If you’re already part of our Gold Club, we’ll proactively contact you when it’s time for your system checks.
Iowa’s climate can quickly become uncomfortable, especially if your HVAC system breaks down. Ensure your air conditioner or furnace operates at its best by prioritizing routine maintenance. For more information on HVAC systems or to schedule your maintenance, click the link in the description below. We look forward to serving you and keeping your HVAC system in top-notch condition.