Need a Water Heater Repair in Des Moines?
Putting Our Customers First for Every Water Heater Repair
Golden Rule will send a licensed and insured plumber to your home to evaluate your water heater issue for just $72. Your plumber will share options on how to resolve the issue, and if you choose to make the repair with us, we'll waive 100% of the trip charge. Call us today, we may still have an opening available!
Free Water Heater Safety Inspection
Free Water Heater Safety Inspection Schedule Appointment
Cannot be combined with other offers. Other conditions may apply. To redeem, mention coupon at time of service. Expires February 28, 2023.
Golden Rule Process
Get the Golden Rule Treatment on Your Next Water Heater Repair
Have a tank or tankless water heater in need of repairs? Call your friends at Golden Rule! Our licensed plumbers are the best in Des Moines, and can make repairs on any brand or model of water heater in just one visit to your home. Not only do we promise to arrive faster than any other plumbing contractor, we also promise the best warranty and guarantee protections in the state. So if something comes up after we've left, we're here for you.
Find out how each part of our water heater repair process applies The Golden Rule:
Scheduling Your Water Heater Repair
Fast, Friendly & Convenient Scheduling in 3 Steps!
- Reach out to us: You have more ways than ever to schedule with Golden Rule. Whether you call or schedule online, we'll have your appointment booked in no time.
- Get call reminders: Our team keeps you in the loop by providing courtesy reminders both the day before and the day of your water heater repair.
- Meet your plumber: We'll text you your plumber's name, picture and bio on the day of your appointment, so you'll know exactly who's showing up at your door.
Want even more reasons to schedule with Golden Rule?
- Real-time location updates when your plumber is on the way
- SMS text confirmations for your appointment
- Our expert plumbers are continuously training
Skyler w/ Golden Rule was amazing and so kind to drive to West Des Moines from Boone on a Sunday night for a non-emergency.—Ronda B.
Pricing Your Water Heater Repair
How much does it cost to repair a water heater in Des Moines?
- Low $400
- Our Average $800
- High $5,000
Service the Golden Rule way
Our service calls have two goals: identify what's wrong with the system, and give you options on how to fix it. You get to decide how you'd like to proceed with the repair, and we'll make sure you're quoted a fair price for the work. No if's, and's, or but's. Just our promise to you.
- Minimum fee without repair: $72 (Free for Gold Club Members)
- Evaluation with repair: Always FREE
What factors affect the cost of a water heater repair?
- Cause for the repair: When a water heater starts acting out, the part that's causing the issue tends to be the single biggest factor in determining repair cost. A leaky water heater for example may be caused by a broken pressure relief valve or a cracked tank. That's the difference between a replacement part and a replacement system! No matter the issue, Golden Rule will give you honest answers and multiple solutions to every repair.
- Brand and model: At Golden Rule, we repair all brands and models of water heater. And we're being honest when we say some manufacturers and some systems cost more to repair than others. In some cases, the parts themselves are hard to come by. This is especially true of older systems. In other cases, the newest models (like the latest tankless systems) require a bit more finesse to repair, which can increase the length of the repair and the cost.
- Contractor experience: When hiring a company or individual contractor to repair your water heater, it's best to think in terms of value provided rather than the cost by itself. Golden Rule keeps our prices fair and adds additional protections that smaller contractors just can't provide. While their pricing may be slightly lower, Golden Rule's value is through the roof.
Great service and always willing to go the extra mile. Service techs are very professional and thorough. The company is very affordable for everything they do.—Melinda S.
Completing Your Water Heater Repair
We imagined the perfect water heater repair...Then we made it a reality for our customers
- RespectfulHave a personal request? We'll follow it to the letter.
- Consistent99% of repairs completed in just one day.
- ProfessionalOur plumbers are licensed and trained in-house.
- CleanShoe covers are worn at all times in your home.
- ReliableThousands of successful repair calls every year.
- AccessibleFinancing available for repairs upon request.
Water Heater Repair FAQ
If your water heater has a major and permanent breakdown, then it’s fairly obvious that you need a new one for your home. But there are other signs that you might need to replace your water heater.
For example, if you find that the frequent repair costs of your existing water heater have become too much to bear or you are concerned about the efficiency of your water heater, then you may want to replace your model instead of continuing to repair it.
You should expect some noise from your water heater when it turns on; this is simply an indication that the equipment is functioning. But if your water heater begins to make strange or surprisingly loud sounds, then it is probably a warning that something has gone wrong that needs expert repair work.
The most common reason for a water heater making loud noises is sediment buildup at the bottom of the tank. Sediment can trap super-heated air bubbles that make loud popping noises when they burst. We can help eliminate those noises (and the sediment buildup which cause them) with a routine maintenance visit.
Protecting Your Water Heater Repair
1-Year Labor Warranty
Every water heater repair is protected by an industry-leading 1-year warranty on labor. If our repair doesn't resolve your issue, we'll return and fix it, minus the labor charges.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We promise to give you a water heater repair that goes above and beyond to give you the service you deserve. If you're not happy, we'll return and make it right.
The Gold Club: Maintenance Doesn't Get Any Better Than This
What do over 10,000 Des Moines metro homeowners have in common? They're all protected by the state's most comprehensive whole-home maintenance plan, The Golden Rule Gold Club!
With the Gold Club, you'll receive three annual scheduled maintenance visits (heating, cooling and plumbing), plus discounts on repairs, priority service, no trip charges, and more for less than $9 a month!
The R.U.L.E.S. We Live By
The pride of Golden Rule is our outstanding service and the rules we live by every day. We hold our customer service very highly and want to make sure you are taken care of to the best of our ability. No matter the problem, we will take care of you.
Below are our values or “rules to live by":
- Respect: We will always treat our customers the way we would like to be treated.
- Understanding: We understand that a prompt response is what our customers deserve.
- Loyalty: We are loyal to our pledge that we treat each customer’s home like it's their castle.
- Expertise: We’re masters at our trade because we never stop training.
- Service: We serve our community with the highest of ethical standards.
They exceeded my expectations in every way...
AMAZING! I called 15, that's right FIFTEEN other plumbers to come look at my water heater, and none could come out for days or weeks. Golden Rule answered with a real live person, who was so super nice and professional and she got me in today. The team of guys that came out were incredible. They were funny, professional, and offered me all kinds of information about my problem. They offered options and let me know what to expect in the future with my current unit. This is a legit operation. I manage a customer service team, and so I have super high standards. They exceeded my expectations in every way. Thank you!—Kara B.