Need a Water Heater Installation in Des Moines?
Des Moines' Most Trusted Name in Water Heater Installations
One of Golden Rule's expert plumbers will head over to your home and share a variety of water heater options within your budget range. We carry the most popular models of tank and tankless water heaters in our service vehicles, which means most installations are finished in a single visit to your home. We're always happy to answer your questions about tank size and efficiency!
Free Water Heater Safety Inspection
Free Water Heater Safety Inspection Schedule Appointment
Cannot be combined with other offers. Other conditions may apply. To redeem, mention coupon at time of service. Expires February 28, 2023.
Golden Rule Process
Get the Golden Rule Treatment on Your Next Water Heater Installation
Is your old water heater on its last leg? Make one call to Golden Rule and we'll have a brand new water heater installed in your home as early as the same day you call. We stock our vehicles with the most popular water heater models—tank and tankless—to ensure fast same-day installations. And you won't find another plumber in Des Moines that offers the same warranty and guarantee protections as we do. Give us a call today and see why thousands of homeowners rate Golden Rule a 5-star service company!
Find out how each part of our water heater install process applies The Golden Rule:
Scheduling Your Water Heater Estimate
Fast, Friendly & Convenient Scheduling in 3 Steps!
- Reach out to us: When you're ready to schedule a free water heater install estimate, you have two convenient ways of doing so: by phone or online. We'll have your in-home estimate booked in minutes!
- Get call reminders: You won't ever have to worry about missing your appointment when you schedule with Golden Rule. You'll receive courtesy reminders the day before and the day of your scheduled visit.
- Meet your plumber: We'll text you your plumber's name, picture and bio on the day of your estimate, so you'll know exactly who's showing up at your door.
Want even more reasons to schedule with Golden Rule?
- SMS text confirmations for your appointment
- Real-time location updates when your plumber is on the way
- 99% of installs completed same day
Royce and Jordan of Golden Rule did a great job installing a new water heater. We've used them before and they always do a professional job.—John K.
Quoting Your Water Heater Installation
How much does it cost to install a water heater in Des Moines?
- Low $1,700
- Our Average $2,500
- High 4,000
Estimates the Golden Rule way
At Golden Rule, our goal is to give each customer the kind of estimate that we'd want for ourselves—one that's transparent, honest and free from sales pressure. And that's exactly what you'll get when you call us for your water heater estimate.
- Cost of your estimate: FREE
What factors affect the cost of a water heater install?
- The selected model: A water heater exists for every home and every budget. That's good news for our customers, but it also means wading through a lot of variables and different systems! Cost can vary depending on the type of system (tank or tankless), the size of the tank, the type of heating components (electric, natural gas, etc.) and the unit's Energy Factor (how efficient the system is.)
- Home modifications: State and local codes exist to protect homeowners from water damage, fire hazards and carbon monoxide poisoning. Any one of these concerns could occur if a water heater isn't installed properly. If modifications to plumbing or electrical are required, we'll be transparent about this and let you know how it impacts the total cost.
- Contractor experience: The peace of mind that an experienced contractor brings to the table simply can't be ignored. Experienced contractors have technicians that are licensed and insured, and you can count on a reputable contractor to return if something goes wrong. The Golden Rule family has been serving Des Moines for over 20 years, so you know we have your back if an issue comes up.
Incredible service from Golden Rule. Expert advice, timely service and they will really work with you on pricing.—Alexander W.
Installing Your Water Heater
We imagined the perfect water heater install...Then we made it a reality for our customers
- VarietyWe offer a wide selection of water heaters for our customers.
- ConvenienceWe'll help you get approved you for any relevant clean-energy rebates available.
- ProfessionalismOur plumbers are licensed and trained at our in-house facility in Des Moines.
- CleanlinessWe pride ourselves in keeping a clean workspace. Shoe covers are mandatory.
- ReliabilityHundreds of successful water heater installations completed every year.
- FastNeed a replacement fast? We carry popular water heaters in our trucks, ready to install!
Water Heater Installation FAQ
It’s important to make sure that you get the water heater that you want. We can help you consider your options in light of your budgetary requirements and hot water preferences.
Your options include:
- Tank water heater: Still the most popular type of water heater on the market today, the tank water heater uses a large, cylindrical reservoir to keep a constantly heated supply of water ready to be distributed throughout your home.
- Tankless water heater: As its name suggests, this type of water heater does not keep gallons upon gallons of water at a constant temperature, but rather uses a high-efficiency heat exchanger to heat water on demand.
- Heat pump water heater: This type uses the surrounding ambient air of your home to heat your water supply. It works just like a heat pump and is often supplemented with a conventional heat exchanger.
Protecting Your Water Heater Installation
1-Year Labor Warranty
Golden Rule offers a 1-year labor warranty for all water heater installs. If you need repairs within a year of the install, we'll return and fix it without charging for labor.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We promise to give you a water heater install that meets or exceeds your expectations. If for any reason that didn't happen, we'll go above and beyond to resolve your concern.
The Gold Club: Maintenance Doesn't Get Any Better Than This
What do over 10,000 Des Moines metro homeowners have in common? They're all protected by the state's most comprehensive whole-home maintenance plan, The Golden Rule Gold Club!
With the Gold Club, you'll receive three annual scheduled maintenance visits (heating, cooling and plumbing), plus discounts on repairs, priority service, no trip charges, and more for less than $9 a month!
The R.U.L.E.S. We Live By
The pride of Golden Rule is our outstanding service and the rules we live by every day. We hold our customer service very highly and want to make sure you are taken care of to the best of our ability. No matter the problem, we will take care of you.
Below are our values or “rules to live by":
- Respect: We will always treat our customers the way we would like to be treated.
- Understanding: We understand that a prompt response is what our customers deserve.
- Loyalty: We are loyal to our pledge that we treat each customer’s home like it's their castle.
- Expertise: We’re masters at our trade because we never stop training.
- Service: We serve our community with the highest of ethical standards.
I was impressed with how hard they worked...
They were responsive and professional. Landon and Skyler of Golden Rule Plumbing got here on time and installed a new water heater, on a Sunday!! I was impressed by how hard they worked and their effort to ensure that I understood the job and it’s cost. After completing the job, they showed me the equipment and answered all my questions.—Joyce N.