Golden Rule Process
Get the Golden Rule Treatment on Your Next Slab Leak Repair
When you call Golden Rule for a slab leak repair, you're promised a quality of service that goes above and beyond your expectations. Not only do we promise an expert licensed plumber at your door faster than anyone else, we'll also guarantee the most transparent diagnostics, fairest prices and best warranty and guarantee protections in Des Moines.
Find out how each part of our slab leak repair process applies The Golden Rule:
Scheduling Your Slab Leak Repair
Fast, Friendly & Convenient Scheduling in 3 Steps!
- Reach out to us: You have more ways than ever to schedule with Golden Rule. Whether you call or schedule online, we'll have your appointment booked in no time.
- Get call reminders: Surprises are fun for birthday parties, not repair visits. That's why we provide courtesy reminder calls the day before and the day of your scheduled service date.
- Meet your technician: We'll text you your technician's name, picture and bio on the day of your appointment, so you'll know exactly who's showing up at your door.
Want even more reasons to schedule with Golden Rule?
- Convenient morning and afternoon time slots
- SMS text confirmations for your appointment
- Real-time location updates when your tech is on the way
Golden Rule was able to come out the day after I called. The receptionist was SO nice on the phone and Tyler was quick, polite and professional.—Gabrielle K.
Pricing Your Slab Leak Repair
How much does it cost to repair a slab leak in Des Moines?
- Low $2,280
- Our Average $3,000
- High $4,400
Diagnostics the Golden Rule way
Our diagnostics have two goals: identify what's wrong with the system, and give you options on how to fix it. You get to decide how you'd like to proceed with the repair, and we'll make sure you're quoted a fair price for the work. No if's, and's, or but's. Just our promise to you.
- Diagnostic cost without repair: $72
- Diagnostic cost with repair: FREE
What factors affect the cost of a slab leak repair?
- Detecting the leak: Slab leaks are notoriously difficult to track down, especially if they're on the drainage side of a home's foundation. Leaks that are more challenging to find tend to increase the cost of the repair. The good news is the plumbers at Golden Rule are equipped with the latest acoustic leak detection equipment to help spot leaks faster, which in turn saves our customers money on each repair.
- Accessing the leak: Accessing the leak poses its own challenges. Because slab leaks are located beneath a home's foundation, they can be difficult to reach. Cutting into the foundation itself to reach the pipe is one solution, but it's not always the best one as it can cost quite a bit. Luckily there are other methods, such as rerouting the plumbing away from the damaged pipe into new replacement piping.
- Extent of the damage: In most cases, a slab leak is isolated to a single pipe. So it's a matter of replacing or rerouting that one section of pipeline. If, however, the damage has extended beyond just one pipe, that may mean a whole-home repiping is necessary. This doesn't happen often, but it tends to occur more frequently in homes with aging pipes, homes with piping that wasn't installed properly, or in homes where the leak has had time to cause more widespread damage.
They broke down the cost variables and details in a helpful way and made this process so easy!—Nina C.
Completing Your Slab Leak Repair
We imagined the perfect slab leak repair...Then we made it a reality for our customers
- RespectfulHave a personal request? We'll follow it to the letter.
- Consistent99% of repairs completed in just one day.
- ProfessionalOur plumbers are licensed and trained in-house.
- CleanShoe covers are worn at all times in your home.
- Reliable2,800+ successful repair calls every year.
- AccessibleFinancing available for repairs upon request.
Slab Leak Repair FAQ
Has your water pressure decreased lately? Do you hear the sound of running water? Do you have small cracks on your slab foundation? There are plenty of signs that you could need slab leak repair, and they all should be taken seriously.
You may need slab leak repair service if you notice:
- Decreased water pressure: Decreased water pressure is a more or less sure sign that there is a problem with the water supply pipes. Whether that indicates a slab leak must be left to a professional to figure out. It could also be a hidden leak in the home somewhere.
- Cracks in the foundation: This should be cause for concern for any homeowner, and it could indicate that you have a serious leak under your slab that is causing the ground to shift under the very foundation of your home.
- Water pooling: When you have a slab leak, water accumulates until it finds a crack to escape through. If you notice water pooling around the foundation of your home, you may have a slab leak.
Protecting Your Slab Leak Repair
1-Year Labor Warranty
Every slab leak repair is protected by an industry-leading 1-year warranty on labor. If our repair doesn't resolve your issue, we'll return and fix it, minus the labor charges.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We promise to give you a slab leak repair that goes above and beyond to give you the service you deserve. If you're not happy, we'll return and make it right.
The Gold Club: Maintenance Doesn't Get Any Better Than This
What do over 8,000 Des Moines homeowners have in common? They're all protected by the state's most comprehensive whole-home maintenance plan, The Golden Rule Gold Club!
With the Gold Club, you'll receive three annual scheduled tune-up visits (heating, cooling and plumbing), plus discounts on repairs, priority service, no trip charges, and more for less than $9 a month!
The R.U.L.E.S. We Live By
The pride of Golden Rule is our outstanding service and the rules we live by every day. We hold our customer service very highly and want to make sure you are taken care of to the best of our ability. No matter the problem, we will take care of you.
Below are our values or “rules to live by":
- Respect: We listen to our customers and seek out solutions on terms they're happy with.
- Understanding: We know you're busy and work hard to make service fast and convenient.
- Loyalty: We treat your home with courtesy and respect and leave it cleaner than we found it.
- Expertise: We train constantly to give our customers the best outcomes with every visit.
- Service: We look for ways to go above and beyond to help make your service visit a great one.
They will be the first and only plumbing company we call for any future needs...
Golden Rule explained things so well regarding a major slab water leak issue. Nick and his supervisor took the time to give us solutions to our issue and quickly implemented a solution. They will be the first and only plumbing company we call for any future needs. Great job this company putting customer service first!!—Patrick R.