Golden Rule Process
Get the Golden Rule Treatment on Your Next Drain Cleaning or Clearing
Is a clogged drain backing up your sink, tub or toilet? Send for your friends at Golden Rule! Our expert drain specialists can clear most drains in under an hour. Even better, we can have someone over to your home as early as today. Give us a call and see why we're the highest rated home service company in Des Moines. Or continue reading this page to see how we apply the golden rule to every job from start to finish.
Find out how each part of our drain clearing process applies The Golden Rule:
Scheduling Your Drain Clearing
Fast, Friendly & Convenient Scheduling in 3 Steps!
- Reach out to us: You have more ways than ever to schedule with Golden Rule. Whether you call or schedule online, we'll have your appointment booked in no time.
- Get call reminders: Surprises are fun for birthday parties, not repair visits. That's why we provide courtesy reminder calls the day before and the day of your scheduled service date.
- Meet your technician: We'll text you your technician's name, picture and bio on the day of your appointment, so you'll know exactly who's showing up at your door.
Want even more reasons to schedule with Golden Rule?
- Convenient morning and afternoon time slots
- SMS text confirmations for your appointment
- Real-time location updates when your drain specialist is on the way
Tech who came out for plumbing issue was extremely knowledgeable professional and respectful. Highly recommended!—Dan G.
Pricing Your Drain Clearing
How much does it cost to clear a drain in Des Moines?
- Low $200
- Our Average $400
- High $800
Diagnostics the Golden Rule way
Our diagnostics have two goals: identify what's wrong with the drain, and give you options on how to fix it. You get to decide how you'd like to proceed with the clearing, and we'll make sure you're quoted a fair price for the work. No if's, and's, or but's. Just our promise to you.
- Cost of your diagnostic w/out repair: $72 (Free for Gold Club Members)
- Cost of your diagnostic with repair: Always FREE
What factors affect the cost of a drain clearing?
- Location of the clog: Most clogs are found in secondary drain lines. Those are the lines leading down to your main sewer line, and they tend to be fairly easy to remove. When the clog is isolated to one drain in particular, it's usually a secondary drain line. Clogs involving the main sewer line however may cause some or all of your drains to back up. Those tend to cost more to clear.
- Difficulty of the clog: The million dollar question is: what's down there?! We've been clearing drains for over 20 years, so if there's something that can clog a drain, we've seen it. Lucky for our customers, we have the tools on hand to push through even the toughest clogs. From hydrojets and rooters to camera inspection equipment and more, no clog is too tough for our pros.
- Labor warranties: Some plumbing contractors (like Golden Rule for example!) will provide a labor warranty for their drain clearing services. If that drain clogs again while the warranty is still valid, they'll usually come out to clear it at a reduced price (or even free). If you recently cleared your drain and it's clogged again, check to see if it's under warranty. It can save you a lot of money!
Henry and Michael of Golden Rule did a wonderful job! Very professional and upfront with their procedures and billing.—Larry C.
Completing Your Drain Clearing
We imagined the perfect drain clearing...Then we made it a reality for our customers
- RespectfulHave a personal request? We'll follow it to the letter.
- Consistent99% of repairs completed in just one day.
- ProfessionalOur plumbers are licensed and trained in-house.
- CleanShoe covers are worn at all times in your home.
- Reliable2,800+ successful repair calls every year.
- AccessibleFinancing available for repairs upon request.
Drain Clearing FAQ
Water jetting is a drain clearing solution that uses pressurized water to blast the clog to kingdom come. It's the perfect solution for those tough grease clogs which are found in kitchen drains or main sewer lines, or for really tough clogs that even a drain snake can't break (or reach). Water jetting uses no chemicals or yucky stuff. It's just plain ol' pressured water. That makes it safe for both your home, your family and for us!
Protecting Your Drain Clearing
1-Year Labor Warranty
Every drain clearing is protected by an industry-leading 1-year warranty on labor. If our repair doesn't resolve your issue, we'll return and fix it, minus the labor charges.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We promise to give you a drain clearing that goes above and beyond to give you the service you deserve. If you're not happy, we'll return and make it right.
The Gold Club: Maintenance Doesn't Get Any Better Than This
What do over 8,000 Des Moines homeowners have in common? They're all protected by the state's most comprehensive whole-home maintenance plan, The Golden Rule Gold Club!
With the Gold Club, you'll receive three annual scheduled tune-up visits (heating, cooling and plumbing), plus discounts on repairs, priority service, no trip charges, and more for less than $9 a month!
The R.U.L.E.S. We Live By
The pride of Golden Rule is our outstanding service and the rules we live by every day. We hold our customer service very highly and want to make sure you are taken care of to the best of our ability. No matter the problem, we will take care of you.
Below are our values or “rules to live by":
- Respect: We listen to our customers and seek out solutions on terms they're happy with.
- Understanding: We know you're busy and work hard to make service fast and convenient.
- Loyalty: We treat your home with courtesy and respect and leave it cleaner than we found it.
- Expertise: We train constantly to give our customers the best outcomes with every visit.
- Service: We look for ways to go above and beyond to help make your service visit a great one.
Took care of all my plumbing problems...
Skyler was amazing and so kind to drive to West Des Moines from Boone on a Sunday night for a non-emergency. He arrived about 7:30 and was here until 11:30 pm and took care of all my plumbing problems. You should be thankful to have him as an employee. I am a business owner and know the value of good employee and customer service.—Ronda B.