Golden Rule Process
Get the Golden Rule Treatment on Your Next Whole-Home De/humidifier Install
Since 1999, Golden Rule has been taking care of our customers with excellent workmanship, courteous customer service, and the most highly trained HVAC technicians in the state. A new humidifier and/or dehumidifier can do wonders for the air that you breathe. We offer upfront pricing on our services so that you know exactly what you’re getting and what you’re spending. Moreover, we back up our services with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Let us find a solution to your humidity problem. Call us today for excellent humidifier and dehumidifier service in Des Moines.
Find out how each part of our whole-home de/humidifier install process applies The Golden Rule:
Scheduling Your Heat Pump Estimate
Fast, Friendly & Convenient Scheduling in 3 Steps!
- Reach out to us: When you're ready to schedule a free de/humidifier install estimate, you have two convenient ways of doing so: by phone or online. We'll have your in-home estimate booked in minutes!
- Get call reminders: You won't ever have to worry about missing your appointment when you schedule with Golden Rule. You'll receive courtesy calls the day before and the day of your scheduled estimate visit.
- Meet your technician: We'll text you your technician's name, picture and bio on the day of your estimate, so you'll know exactly who's showing up at your door.
Want even more reasons to schedule with Golden Rule?
- SMS text confirmations for your appointment
- Real-time location updates when your tech is on the way
- Expert technicians receive continual training
Working with Golden Rule both online and over the phone was simple and pleasant...—Rachel B.
Quoting Your Whole-House De/Humidifier Install
How much does it cost to install a whole-house de/humidifier in Des Moines?
- Low $700
- Our Average $1,000
- High $3,000
Estimates the Golden Rule way
At Golden Rule, our goal is to give each customer the kind of estimate that we'd want for ourselves—one that's transparent, honest and free from sales pressure. And that's exactly what you'll get when you call us for your de/humidifier estimate.
- Cost of your estimate: FREE
What factors affect the cost of a whole-home de/humidifier install?
- System capacity: Dehumidifiers and humidifiers have different limitations regarding capacity. Humidifier capacity refers to how much water the system can hold before a refill is necessary. Dehumidifier capacity refers to how much moisture the system can remove in a 24-hour period. More capacity equates to higher cost, but also more convenience for the homeowner.
- System efficiency: Units with higher efficiency will humidify or dehumidify a home's air using less electricity. That's good news for the homeowner because it costs less to run. But efficient systems also have a higher price tag. When it doubt, an expert installer at Golden Rule can help you determine which system is best based on your budget.
- Add-ons and features: If you'd like a humidistat installed, or are considering an onboard air filtration system, that will increase the cost of your whole-house de/humidifier install. While we love telling our customers about the latest add-ons and features, we'll never try to sell you something you're not interested in. That's a promise.
They provide multiple options with multiple prices. All the techs that came out were friendly and answered my questions.—Rob
Installing Your De/Humidifier
We imagined the perfect de/humidifier installation...Then we made it a reality for our customers
- CraftsmanshipThe brands we install for our customers are the brands we'd want for ourselves.
- RespectfulHave a personal request? We'll follow it to the letter.
- ProfessionalismOur lead installers are NATE-certified and trained at our in-house facility.
- CleanlinessWe pride ourselves in keeping a clean workspace. Shoe covers are mandatory.
- ReliabilityThousands of successful HVAC installations completed every year.
- AccessibleFinancing available for the latest humidifiers and dehumidifier systems.
Humidifier & Dehumidifier FAQ
Portable or whole-home humidifiers are known for combating dry air conditions caused by natural gas furnaces in the wintertime. The right humidifier will balance humidity in the ideal zone of 30% to 50%. But there are other great benefits of owning a humidifier as well, including:
- Easier to keep warm: Think of the humidity in the air like it was an extra layer of clothing. It works in essentially the same way: it slows down the release of heat from your body. On cold winter days, balanced humidity makes a house feel around 8°F warmer.
- Save on heating: A humidifier can make the difference in whether you feel warm enough to turn on the furnace or other heating systems. You’ll run the heater less frequently with a humidifier helping everyone stay more comfortable.
- Cut down on colds and flus: The spread of illness is much easier in dry conditions. Arid weather causes mucus and sinus membranes to dry up, which remove a major obstacle against the transmission of cold and flu germs. When the humidity is balanced, people’s defense against getting sick is stronger.
- Stops damage to furnishings: Balanced humidity stops the damaging effects of dry air on wood and painted surfaces. You won’t have to deal with cracked wood along valuable items and furniture or peeling paint.
- None of that annoying static electricity: You might not think of static electricity as a major annoyance—but wouldn’t it be nice not to have it around?
One of the downsides of a forced–air distribution system is that it tends to dry the air out during the wintertime, while doing little to remediate the humidity in the summer. If the air in your home is too dry, it poses all sorts of issues, from home damage to cracked and dry skin. If your home is too humid however, it can lead to mold growth and create a stuffy indoor air environment.
Whole-home de/humidifiers can be set according to the needs of your family's comfort. So just installing one of these systems provides the kind of humidity control you need to make it through both summer and winter.
Protecting Your De/Humidifier Install
1-year Labor Warranty
Golden Rule offers a 1-year labor warranty for de/humidifier installs. If you need repairs within a year of the install, we'll return and fix it without charging for labor.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We promise to give you a de/humidifier install that meets or exceeds your expectations. If for any reason that didn't happen, we'll go above and beyond to resolve your concern.
The Gold Club: Maintenance Doesn't Get Any Better Than This
What do over 10,000 Des Moines metro homeowners have in common? They're all protected by the state's most comprehensive whole-home maintenance plan, The Golden Rule Gold Club!
With the Gold Club, you'll receive three annual scheduled maintenance visits (heating, cooling and plumbing), plus discounts on repairs, priority service, no trip charges, and more for less than $9 a month!
The R.U.L.E.S. We Live By
The pride of Golden Rule is our outstanding service and the rules we live by every day. We hold our customer service very highly and want to make sure you are taken care of to the best of our ability. No matter the problem, we will take care of you.
Below are our values or “rules to live by":
- Respect: We will always treat our customers the way we would like to be treated.
- Understanding: We understand that a prompt response is what our customers deserve.
- Loyalty: We are loyal to our pledge that we treat each customer’s home like it's their castle.
- Expertise: We’re masters at our trade because we never stop training.
- Service: We serve our community with the highest of ethical standards.
Golden Rule exceeded my expectations...
Very professional. I have a baby coming soon so I wanted to see how we can improve our HVAC system for our new arrival. I ended up having them install a humidifier as well fix some other HVAC issues that were still under warranty. Golden Rule exceeded my expectations. Thank you Clay for all the hard work. —Jason H.