Golden Rule Process
Get the Golden Rule Treatment on Your Next Boiler Repair
Plenty of HVAC contractors in Des Moines can repair a boiler. But most homeowners don't trust a repair by anyone else but Golden Rule. That trust dates back to over 20 years ago. And it's only gotten stronger over time. Today, we take hundreds of boiler repair calls every year, delivering the fastest response times, the most honest pricing, and the best service protections in the state. Exactly what you'd expect from a company that brings Golden Rule values to every repair.
Find out how each part of our boiler repair process applies The Golden Rule:
Scheduling Your Boiler Repair
Fast, Friendly & Convenient Scheduling in 3 Steps!
- Reach out to us: You have more ways than ever to schedule with Golden Rule. Whether you call or schedule online, we'll have your appointment booked in no time.
- Get call reminders: Surprises are fun for birthday parties, not repair visits. That's why we provide courtesy reminders the day before and the day of your scheduled service date.
- Meet your technician: We'll text you your technician's name, picture and bio on the day of your appointment, so you'll know exactly who's showing up at your door.
Want even more reasons to schedule with Golden Rule?
- SMS text confirmations for your appointment
- Real-time location updates when your tech is on the way
- Expert technicians receive continual training
Golden Rule booked our appointment very quickly. Jason, our technician, was very professional and down to earth.—Daniel B.
Pricing Your Boiler Repair
How much does it cost to repair a boiler in Des Moines?
- Low $390
- Our Average $450
- High $615
Service the Golden Rule way
Our service calls have two goals: identify what's wrong with the system, and give you options on how to fix it. You get to decide how you'd like to proceed with the repair, and we'll make sure you're quoted a fair price for the work. No if's, and's, or but's. Just our promise to you.
- Minimum fee without repair: $72 (Free for Gold Club Members)
- Evaluation with repair: Always FREE
What factors affect the cost of a boiler repair?
- The cause of the issue: When a boiler acts out or won't start at all, a diagnostic can help determine what's wrong so a fix can be made. Sometimes a diagnostic will turn up a simple fix, like a shorted-out breaker or broken thermostat. Other times, replacement parts may be necessary. No matter what, Golden Rule will always provide repair options to help you find a solution that works for you.
- Warranty status: The boiler you own may be under a parts warranty, a labor warranty, or both, depending on when it was installed. Warranty status will determine what you pay for the repair. In some cases, if both are active, you may not pay anything at all! Our techs will always check your boiler's warranty status to save you as much money on your repair as possible.
- Contractor experience: A contractor who's been around for a while will have a history, and that history will often tell you whether that contractor is worth working with or not. With over 3,000 5-star reviews, Golden Rule's history speaks for itself. Add to that our 20+ years of experience repairing boilers and training the best techs in Des Moines, and you have every reason to keep us in mind for your next service visit.
He explained everything in detail and showed me all the options I had available, rather than persuading me towards the most expensive options.—Juan A.
Completing Your Boiler Repair
We imagined the perfect boiler repair...Then we made it a reality for our customers
- ConvenientAll makes and models repaired, no exceptions.
- Consistent99% of repairs completed in just one day.
- ProfessionalNATE-certified techs trained in-house.
- CleanShoe covers are worn at all times in your home.
- ReliableThousands of successful repair calls every year.
- AccessibleFinancing available for repairs upon request.
Boiler Repair FAQ
When a boiler breaks down, any number of factors can play a role. You may want to consider having your boiler repaired by a professional if you notice:
- Strange sounds: Loud bangs inside the system may be cause for concern and worth an evaluation to assess the issue.
- Inadequate heating: If your boiler is heating some areas of your home but not others, a professional can help diagnose and fix the issue.
- Boiler fails to start: If your boiler isn't starting, it may be something as simple as your thermostat, or it could be something else. A professional can help you find out exactly what's going on.
If you’re looking for a way to extend the longevity of your boiler, to reduce the need for repair, and to improve energy efficiency, then look no further than professional boiler maintenance in Des Moines. At Golden Rule Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, we can make certain that your boiler is thoroughly inspected for safety, cleaned out, and adjusted so that it delivers warmth and comfort throughout the fall and winter months. This cost-effective service can add years to the life of your boiler.
Protecting Your Boiler Repair
1-Year Labor Warranty
Every boiler repair is protected by an industry-leading 1-year warranty on labor. If our repair doesn't resolve your issue, we'll return and fix it, minus the labor charges.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We promise to give you a boiler repair that goes above and beyond to give you the service you deserve. If you're not happy, we'll return and make it right.
The Gold Club: Maintenance Doesn't Get Any Better Than This
What do over 10,000 Des Moines metro homeowners have in common? They're all protected by the state's most comprehensive whole-home maintenance plan, The Golden Rule Gold Club!
With the Gold Club, you'll receive three annual scheduled maintenance visits (heating, cooling and plumbing), plus discounts on repairs, priority service, no trip charges, and more for less than $9 a month!
The R.U.L.E.S. We Live By
The pride of Golden Rule is our outstanding service and the rules we live by every day. We hold our customer service very highly and want to make sure you are taken care of to the best of our ability. No matter the problem, we will take care of you.
Below are our values or “rules to live by":
- Respect: We will always treat our customers the way we would like to be treated.
- Understanding: We understand that a prompt response is what our customers deserve.
- Loyalty: We are loyal to our pledge that we treat each customer’s home like it's their castle.
- Expertise: We’re masters at our trade because we never stop training.
- Service: We serve our community with the highest of ethical standards.
We are very happy with the service we received...
Golden Rule always does a good job for us. They are professional and treat us as individuals rather than just an account. They lay out options for when repairs are needed and thoroughly explain what is happening or needed. We are very happy with the service we received. —Chris B.