Need a Whole-Home Rewiring in Des Moines?
Des Moines' Most Trusted Name in Whole‑Home Rewiring
We'll send one of our licensed experts to assess your home's existing wiring and provide an estimate for rewiring, free of charge. Give us a call if you're considering replacing older knob-and-tube wiring, or the home's existing wiring has been damaged and needs to be replaced.
Free Electrical Home Inspection
Golden Rule Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electrical is currently offering a free inspection of your electrical system. Includes checking your: (Breakers, Electrical Panel, Ground System, Outlets, Lighting) All to ensure your system is running safely! Schedule Appointment
Cannot be combined with other offers. Other conditions may apply. To redeem, mention coupon at time of service. Expires February 28, 2023.
Golden Rule Process
Get the Golden Rule Treatment on Your Next Whole-Home Rewiring
There are many reasons for rewiring a home, including insurance costs, convenience, home value, and most importantly, the elimination of fire hazards. If you've considered rewiring your home, give your friends at Golden Rule a call. Our expert electricians complete dozens of rewirings across Des Moines every year. Not only do we offer free estimates and fast scheduling, we'll also complete the rewiring in record time and give you better warranty protections than anyone else in the state.
Find out how each part of our whole-home rewiring process applies The Golden Rule:
Scheduling Your Whole-Home Rewiring
Fast, Friendly & Convenient Scheduling in 3 Steps!
- Reach out to us: To book a free home rewiring estimate, give us a call at your earliest convenience, or schedule your service online. We'll have your estimate booked in just minutes.
- Get call reminders: You'll never miss a service appointment with Golden Rule. Our team keeps you apprised of your estimate with two courtesy reminder calls the day before and the day of your service.
- Meet your electrician: We'll text you your electrician's name, picture and bio on the day of your estimate, so you'll know exactly who's showing up at your door.
Want even more reasons to schedule with Golden Rule?
- Real-time location updates when your electrician is on the way
- SMS text confirmations for your appointment
- Expert electricians are continually training
Everyone is friendly and they communicate well on when they will be coming.—LJ Johnson
Pricing Your Whole-Home Rewiring
How much does it cost to rewire a home in Des Moines?
- Low $8,000
- Our Average $19,000
- High $30,000
Estimates the Golden Rule way
At Golden Rule, our goal is to give each customer the kind of estimate that we'd want for ourselves—one that's transparent, honest and free from sales pressure. And that's exactly what you'll get when you call us for your whole-home rewiring.
Cost of your estimate: FREE
What factors affect the cost of a whole-home rewiring?
- The size of the home: One of the most important factors in determining the cost of a whole-home rewiring is home size. Larger homes will have more wiring, which adds to the time on site and the materials required to complete the job. In addition, larger homes require additional access holes to reach the wiring, so drywall repairs need to be factored into the equation as well.
- The need for a new panel: One of the first things a Golden Rule electrician will look at during a free estimate is a home's electrical panel. If the amperage is low or a legacy fuse box is installed, we'll suggest a replacement. This is to make sure our customers get the most out of their new wires. Older panels can bottleneck amperage coming into your home and thus eliminate most of the benefits of rewiring in the first place.
- Contractor experience: When hiring a company or individual contractor to rewire your home, it's best to think in terms of value provided rather than installation cost. Golden Rule delivers exceptional value with better customer protections, faster service and more experienced technicians. This is especially important for electrical work, since the smallest mistake can lead to a serious fire hazard.
Worked really hard to make sure I was getting the best deal for my money.—Shell S.
Completing Your Whole-Home Rewiring
We imagined the perfect home rewiring...Then we made it a reality for our customers
- AccessibleFinancing available with interest as low as 0%.
- CleanShoe covers are worn at all times in your home.
- DependableWe keep to our schedules and finish the job on time.
- ProfessionalLicensed electricians trained in-house.
- RespectfulHave a personal request? We'll follow it to the letter.
- ReliableDozens of rewiring jobs completed every year.
Whole-Home Rewiring FAQ
You may want to considering hiring an electrician to assess your home's wiring if you notice:
- Your home is over 40 years old or your existing electrical panel can only manage 100 amps or less
- Your electronics are very slow to recharge, or new appliances regularly trip your circuit breaker
- The lighting in your home flickers (even after replacing bulbs)
- Your home has ungrounded, two-prong outlets
Protecting Your Whole-Home Rewiring
1-Year Labor Warranty
Golden Rule offers a 1-year labor warranty for all home rewirings. If you need repairs within a year of the install, we'll return and fix it without charging for labor.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
The Gold Club: Maintenance Doesn't Get Any Better Than This
What do over 10,000 Des Moines metro homeowners have in common? They're all protected by the state's most comprehensive whole-home maintenance plan, The Golden Rule Gold Club!
With the Gold Club, you'll receive three annual scheduled maintenance visits (heating, cooling and plumbing), plus discounts on repairs, priority service, no trip charges, and more for less than $9 a month!
The R.U.L.E.S. We Live By
The pride of Golden Rule is our outstanding service and the rules we live by every day. We hold our customer service very highly and want to make sure you are taken care of to the best of our ability. No matter the problem, we will take care of you.
Below are our values or “rules to live by":
- Respect: We will always treat our customers the way we would like to be treated.
- Understanding: We understand that a prompt response is what our customers deserve.
- Loyalty: We are loyal to our pledge that we treat each customer’s home like it's their castle.
- Expertise: We’re masters at our trade because we never stop training.
- Service: We serve our community with the highest of ethical standards.
They make sure you are updated every step of the way...
Devon was a great representative and was very thorough in the inspection and made sure the bid is as accurate as possible. Walked me through the process and made sure I understood what the project entailed. The customer service is exceptional and they make sure you are updated every step of the way and ensure you have the best experience possible. I regularly recommend this company to others. Thanks for another great experience!—Jeremy