Golden Rule Process
Get the Golden Rule Treatment on Your Next Switch or Outlet Repair or Replacement
Having trouble with a switch or outlet? We can have an expert licensed electrician at your door as early as today to make things right. Our experts arrive ready to tackle any switch or outlet project, and 99% of our repairs are completed in just one visit. And because we believe in giving you a great experience from start to finish, we also offer the best warranty and guarantee protections in the state, including a year-long warranty on labor for every repair!
How each part of our switch or outlet repair or replacement process applies The Golden Rule:
Scheduling Your Switch & Outlet Repair/Replacement
Fast, Friendly & Convenient Scheduling in 3 Steps!
- Reach out to us: Ready to schedule your switch or outlet repair? Simply call or schedule online, and we'll have a your appointment booked in just minutes.
- Get call reminders: You'll never miss a service appointment with Golden Rule. Our team keeps you apprised of your appointment with courtesy reminders the day before and the day of your repair.
- Meet your electrician: We'll text you your electrician's name, picture and bio on the day of your appointment, so you'll know exactly who's showing up at your door.
Want even more reasons to schedule with Golden Rule?
- SMS text confirmations for your appointment
- Real-time location updates when your electrician is on the way
- Expert electricians are continually training
We feel like we’ve finally found a company we are really comfortable with in Golden Rule.—Brett W.
Pricing Your Switch & Outlet Repair
How much does it cost to repair a switch or outlet in Des Moines?
- Low $80
- Our Average $210
- High $500
Service the Golden Rule way
Our service calls have two goals: identify what's wrong with the system, and give you options on how to fix it. You get to decide how you'd like to proceed with the repair, and we'll make sure you're quoted a fair price for the work. No if's, and's, or but's. Just our promise to you.
- Minimum fee without repair: $72 (Free for Gold Club Members)
- Evaluation with repair: Always FREE
What factors affect the cost of a switch or outlet repair?
- Repairing or replacing: When a switch or outlet isn't working right, the first thing to do is determine what, if anything, needs to be replaced. A Golden Rule electrician will always bring damaged parts to your attention, and work closely with your budget to find the best solution for you and your family.
- Electrical modifications: Electrical modifications are sometimes necessary if a home's wiring is particularly old. Modern appliances require more power than ever, so situations can come up where panel upgrades or even a whole-home or partial-home rewiring is necessary to accomplish the repair or replacement. We'll alert you to these situations during our diagnostic and have financing available for repairs or upgrades with higher costs.
- Contractor experience: When hiring a company or individual contractor to repair or replace your switch or outlet, it's best to think in terms of value provided rather than the cost by itself. Golden Rule keeps our prices fair and adds additional protections that smaller contractors just can't provide. While their pricing may be slightly lower, Golden Rule's value simply can't be beat by any other electrical contractor in Des Moines.
Did an excellent job of describing all of our options and the process of their work.—Heidi W.
Completing Your Switch & Outlet Repair/Replacement
We imagined the perfect switch/outlet repair...Then we made it a reality for our customers
- RespectfulHave a personal request? We'll follow it to the letter.
- ProfessionalLicensed electricians trained in-house.
- Consistent99% of repairs completed in just one day.
- CleanShoe covers are worn at all times in your home.
- ReliableHundreds of successful repair calls every year.
- AccessibleFinancing available for electrical repairs & installs
Switch & Outlet Repair/Replace FAQ
Consider calling the expert electricians at Golden Rule if you notice:
- Switches not working, or outlets not charging electronics/appliances
- Faceplates that are either warm or hot to the touch
- Sparks appearing when appliances are plugged into an outlet
- Tripped breakers when certain outlets or switches are used
- Cracks along the faceplate, or parts of the faceplate that have broken off
We highly recommend against making any electrical repairs in your home unless you've been trained as an electrician. Electrical work always carries some danger, and hiring a professional ensures you and your family remain safe through the process.
Protecting Your Switch & Outlet Repair/Replacement
1-Year Labor Warranty
Every switch or outlet project is protected by an industry-leading 1-year warranty on labor. If our repair doesn't resolve your issue, we'll return and fix it, minus the labor charges.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We promise to give you a switch or outlet repair/replacement that goes above and beyond to give you the service you deserve. If you're not happy, we'll make it right.
The Gold Club: Maintenance Doesn't Get Any Better Than This
What do over 10,000 Des Moines metro homeowners have in common? They're all protected by the state's most comprehensive whole-home maintenance plan, The Golden Rule Gold Club!
With the Gold Club, you'll receive three annual scheduled maintenance visits (heating, cooling and plumbing), plus discounts on repairs, priority service, no trip charges, and more for less than $9 a month!
The R.U.L.E.S. We Live By
The pride of Golden Rule is our outstanding service and the rules we live by every day. We hold our customer service very highly and want to make sure you are taken care of to the best of our ability. No matter the problem, we will take care of you.
Below are our values or “rules to live by":
- Respect: We will always treat our customers the way we would like to be treated.
- Understanding: We understand that a prompt response is what our customers deserve.
- Loyalty: We are loyal to our pledge that we treat each customer’s home like it's their castle.
- Expertise: We’re masters at our trade because we never stop training.
- Service: We serve our community with the highest of ethical standards.
A great experience as always with the team at Golden Rule...
Hans was on time, professional, as well as personal in his approach. He introduced himself not only to me, but to my two dogs as well. He explained the process in detail and how he would proceed going forward. It was a great experience as always with the team at Golden Rule. Thank you, the Davis family @ Lake Panorama!—Therese D.