Need a Panel Repair or Replacement in Des Moines?
Des Moines' Most Trusted Name in Panel Repairs & Replacements
A licensed Golden Rule electrician will arrive at your home and either repair or replace your panel, depending on what the situation calls for. You'll be provided with an upfront, fixed-price quote for the work, and we'll take care of any calls to your local utility company on your behalf.
Free Electrical Home Inspection
Golden Rule Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electrical is currently offering a free inspection of your electrical system. Includes checking your: (Breakers, Electrical Panel, Ground System, Outlets, Lighting) All to ensure your system is running safely! Schedule Appointment
Cannot be combined with other offers. Other conditions may apply. To redeem, mention coupon at time of service. Expires February 28, 2023.
Golden Rule Process
Get the Golden Rule Treatment on Your Next Panel Repair or Replacement
At Golden Rule, we don't pay lip service to our values. We live by them. So when we promise the fastest response times, strongest customer protections, and fairest up-front pricing for panel repairs and replacements in Des Moines, we mean every word of it. Call Golden Rule today and see why thousands of homeowners have rated us a 5-star service company.
Find out how each part of our panel repair and replacement process applies The Golden Rule:
Scheduling Your Panel Repair/Replacement
Fast, Friendly & Convenient Scheduling in 3 Steps!
- Reach out to us: Ready to schedule your panel repair or replacement? Simply call or schedule online, and we'll have your appointment booked in just minutes.
- Get call reminders: You'll never miss a service appointment with Golden Rule. Our team keeps you apprised of your appointment with two courtesy reminders the day before and the day of your service.
- Meet your electrician: We'll text you your electrician's name, picture and bio on the day of your appointment, so you'll know exactly who's showing up at your door.
Want even more reasons to schedule with Golden Rule?
- Real-time location updates when your electrician is on the way
- SMS text confirmations for your appointment
- Expert electricians are continually training
Golden Rule was on time, did a great job of up front pricing and stuck to their quote. They were very professional and courteous.—Gary B.
Pricing Your Panel Repair/Replacement
How much does it cost to repair or replace an electrical panel in Des Moines?
- Low $850
- Our Average $1,600
- High $2,500
Service the Golden Rule way
Our service calls have two goals: identify what's wrong with the system, and give you options on how to fix it. You get to decide how you'd like to proceed with the repair, and we'll make sure you're quoted a fair price for the work. No if's, and's, or but's. Just our promise to you.
- Minimum fee without repair: $72 (Free for Gold Club Members)
- Evaluation with repair: Always FREE
What factors affect the cost of a panel repair or replacement?
- Whether the panel can be repaired: When a customer calls us regarding a panel repair, we send someone over to perform a thorough evaluation. That will tell us everything we need to know about what's wrong with the panel itself. If the panel can be repaired, we'll tell you how it can be done and how much it will cost. But if it can't, we'll share potential replacements at various price points to keep you as closely within your budget as possible.
- Where the service lines are located: The location of utility lines plays an important role in cost. If the lines are underground, they'll be a lot easier to reach than if they're above-ground utility lines. We're happy to let you know which type of line serves your home. So if you'd like to know, just ask your electrician during your appointment.
- Whether the panel requires an upgrade: If a home's current electrical panel isn't supplying the amperage the home needs, then the resolution isn't always a repair, but a replacement. A Golden Rule electrician under these circumstances can suggest a variety of replacement panels, or look at some additional options like installing one or more sub-panels, or (if budget is tight) attempt to adjust the amperage on the existing panel.
They gave me options and were detailed. You guys are the best, and fair prices. Thanks so much Golden Rule.—Leroy J.
Completing Your Panel Repair/Replacement
We imagined the perfect panel repair...Then we made it a reality for our customers
- RespectfulHave a personal request? We'll follow it to the letter.
- ProfessionalLicensed electricians trained in-house.
- CleanShoe covers are worn at all times in your home.
- ReliableHundreds of successful repair calls every year.
- AccessibleFinancing available for electrical repairs & installs
Panel Repair/Replace FAQ
Consider upgrading your electrical panel if you:
- Have a legacy fuse box (common in homes built prior to 1960.)
- Notice a burnt smell coming from the panel
- Have constant issues with tripped circuits
- Have a panel that maxes out at 100 amps or lower
If any of these are true, contact your friends at Golden Rule. We'll be happy to give you an estimate for a replacement (or repair if you'd like!)
Panel repairs or replacements can be quite complex, not to mention dangerous. If a homeowner selects a panel that isn't right for the home, it can lead to electrical outages and damaged electronics. Worst of all, it could create a serious fire hazard! We highly recommend hiring a professional electrician for this type of work for these and many other reasons.
Protecting Your Panel Repair/Replacement
1-Year Labor Warranty
Every panel repair/replacement is protected by an industry-leading 1-year warranty on labor. If we don't resolve your issue, we'll return and fix it, minus the labor charges.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We promise to give you a panel repair/replacement that goes above and beyond to give you the service you deserve. If you're not happy, we'll make it right.
The Gold Club: Maintenance Doesn't Get Any Better Than This
What do over 10,000 Des Moines metro homeowners have in common? They're all protected by the state's most comprehensive whole-home maintenance plan, The Golden Rule Gold Club!
With the Gold Club, you'll receive three annual scheduled maintenance visits (heating, cooling and plumbing), plus discounts on repairs, priority service, no trip charges, and more for less than $9 a month!
The R.U.L.E.S. We Live By
The pride of Golden Rule is our outstanding service and the rules we live by every day. We hold our customer service very highly and want to make sure you are taken care of to the best of our ability. No matter the problem, we will take care of you.
Below are our values or “rules to live by":
- Respect: We will always treat our customers the way we would like to be treated.
- Understanding: We understand that a prompt response is what our customers deserve.
- Loyalty: We are loyal to our pledge that we treat each customer’s home like it's their castle.
- Expertise: We’re masters at our trade because we never stop training.
- Service: We serve our community with the highest of ethical standards.
Prompt and thorough service!
Thanks to Royce and Golden Rule for providing prompt and thorough service! He explained what needed to be done to fix the problem and what my options were. When he was finished, he made sure I understood the repair. I really appreciated getting it fixed today!—Patricia D.