Golden Rule Process
Get the Golden Rule Treatment on Your Next Central AC Installation
Find out how each part of our AC install process applies The Golden Rule:
Scheduling Your AC Estimate
Fast, Friendly & Convenient Scheduling in 3 Steps!
- Reach out to us: When you're ready to schedule a free AC install estimate, you have two convenient ways of doing so: by phone or online. We'll have your in-home estimate booked in minutes!
- Get call reminders: You won't ever have to worry about missing your appointment when you schedule with Golden Rule. You'll receive courtesy calls the day before and the day of your scheduled estimate visit.
- Meet your system engineer: We'll text you your system engineer's name, picture and bio on the day of your estimate, so you'll know exactly who's showing up at your door.
Want even more reasons to schedule with Golden Rule?
- Convenient morning and afternoon time slots
- SMS text confirmations for your appointment
- Real-time location updates when your tech is on the way
Called three places and no one could guarantee sending someone until Golden Rule saved the day...—KaraJane C.
Quoting Your AC Installation
How much does it cost to install an AC in Des Moines?
- Low $4,500
- Our Average $7,000
- High $16,000
Estimates the Golden Rule way
At Golden Rule, our goal is to give each customer the kind of estimate that we'd want for ourselves—one that's transparent, honest and free from sales pressure. And that's exactly what you'll get when you call us for your AC estimate.
- Cost of your estimate: FREE
What factors affect the cost of an AC install?
- Efficiency of the unit: High-efficiency systems are great to have because they reduce monthly energy bills by quite a lot. Homeowners will want to weigh the higher upfront cost of these systems with the monthly savings they'll see once it's installed. A Golden Rule System Engineer can help steer you in the right direction if you're interested!
- Size of the unit: Many different factors play a role in AC size, but the most important factor is the size of the home itself. You'd be surprised at how many homes don't have properly sized AC systems, which can impact your home's cooling capabilities and increase energy costs. So we always perform a load calculation to ensure your new AC is the perfect size for your home.
- Home renovations: There's always a chance your new AC system will require additional renovations to your home, such as ductwork repairs or alterations to plumbing and electrical fixtures. The good news is we have service divisions that can help with all of it, so you won't need to juggle multiple contractors.
First call in the morning to Golden Rule and by the next day we had a new system installed.—Patrick M.
Installing Your AC System
We imagined the perfect AC installation...Then we made it a reality for our customers
- CraftsmanshipRuud is our brand of choice for our homes and the homes of our customers.
- ConvenienceWe'll help you get approved you for any relevant clean-energy rebates available.
- ProfessionalismOur lead installers are NATE-certified and trained at our in-house facility.
- CleanlinessWe pride ourselves in keeping a clean workspace. Shoe covers are mandatory.
- Reliability1,000+ successful HVAC installations completed every year.
- KindnessWe have portable AC units we can bring over while you wait for your installation.
AC Installation FAQ
A central AC is just one type of cooling system designed for residential homes. Other systems include:
- Ductless mini-split: As the name suggests, a ductless mini-split does not use ductwork in a home to distribute its cooled air. Instead, it relies on multiple indoor air handler units mounted in different parts of the house. Ductless systems help improve indoor air quality and allow you to control which parts of the house receive cooling.
- Geothermal heat pump: A geothermal system is a ground-source heat pump that uses the moderate temperature of the earth below the surface to heat or cool your home throughout the year. These systems have high energy efficiency, remain reliable no matter the outdoor temperatures, and can last for many years.
We truly believe homeowners should consider a variety of contractors before making a decision on who to choose for their installation. However, we recommend caution when it comes to installers that promise installations for much less than the average. A combination of low-quality equipment, poorly trained technicians, and subpar systems leave you facing a nightmare situation later on.
When you call on Golden Rule Plumbing, Heating & Cooling for your air conditioning installation in Des Moines, you’ll receive high-quality service from experienced technicians who will see that you get the right new air conditioner, properly sized for your home, and that the installation work will go fast and leave you will an ideally functioning new AC.
Protecting Your AC Installation
1-Year Labor Warranty
Golden Rule offers a 1-year labor warranty for all AC installs. If you need repairs within a year of the install, we'll return and fix it without charging for labor.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We promise to give you an AC installation that meets or exceeds your expectations. If for any reason that didn't happen, we'll go above and beyond to resolve your concern.
The Gold Club: Maintenance Doesn't Get Any Better Than This
What do over 8,000 Des Moines homeowners have in common? They're all protected by the state's most comprehensive whole-home maintenance plan, The Golden Rule Gold Club!
With the Gold Club, you'll receive three annual scheduled tune-up visits (heating, cooling and plumbing), plus discounts on repairs, priority service, no trip charges, and more for less than $9 a month!
The R.U.L.E.S. We Live By
The pride of Golden Rule is our outstanding service and the rules we live by every day. We hold our customer service very highly and want to make sure you are taken care of to the best of our ability. No matter the problem, we will take care of you.
Below are our values or “rules to live by":
- Respect: We listen to our customers and seek out solutions on terms they're happy with.
- Understanding: We know you're busy and work hard to make service fast and convenient.
- Loyalty: We treat your home with courtesy and respect and leave it cleaner than we found it.
- Expertise: We train constantly to give our customers the best outcomes with every visit.
- Service: We look for ways to go above and beyond to help make your service visit a great one.
Wonderful experience with Golden Rule...
We had a wonderful experience with Golden Rule. Our AC stopped one night and we woke up to 85 degrees in our home. Called several companies in Ankeny to see who would be able to make it out today. Got a quote for 2pm from Golden. So we booked it. Turned out they had an opening at 10:30 and showed up super fast. Was able to diagnose our problem in 5 minutes but also took the time to check several other items. We looked over several quotes for a whole new system. We talked about several options and were able to settle on a fair price. Just a few days later they were back and had everything done in one day. —Edited Visions Videographers