Have you recently had HVAC service that was not up to par? Maybe your technician arrived late, or was unprofessional during your appointment? Unfortunately, we’ve all been there. Golden Rule understands how frustrating this can be, which is why we’re here to tell you what to look out for the next time you hire a heating or air conditioning professional. Keep reading to learn the top five signs of a bad HVAC technician, and remember that for prompt, professional, reliable HVAC service, you can always count on our experts at Golden Rule.
5 Signs You Need to Replace Your HVAC Contractor
- Poor Performance Following Repairs: Okay, so this one is a little trickier, as it usually won’t become evident until after the service process has finished. However, if your technician has not performed your air conditioner or heating system repair right the first time, then that’s a definite indicator that you should never hire them again. Sure, there are times when a repair will not be possible, and your system just needs to be replaced. But most HVAC techs will usually be able to tell you this on your initial service visit. If your temperature, airflow, and ventilation continue to be a problem even after you have had the issue “fixed,” don’t wait till your system breaks down again to fix the problem—call an expert like our pros at Golden Rule, and get the problem taken care of correctly the first time.
- No Measurements: Some homeowners do not know this, but proper HVAC sizing is key to optimum system performance. That’s why your technician should always perform the standard measuring of your current HVAC unit—especially if you are considering upgrading to a new one. Contractors that claim to be able to estimate the size of your system just by looking at it or going over your floor plan are not doing their entire job and should not be trusted.
- Focusing on the Wrong Issue: A trained, experienced HVAC tech will be able to home in on the issue with your system and present effective solutions to get it taken care of sooner rather than later. If your heater or air conditioner is having persistent problems and your contractor isn’t able to trace them back to specific causes, then chances are they do not have what it takes to service your system properly.
- Providing Inflexible Timeframes: Life is busy, and a good HVAC tech understands that. This is why Golden Rule offers 24/7 emergency services, so your HVAC needs are always met quickly. Be wary of HVAC techs that provide inflexible service windows—or worse, expect you to adjust your schedule to fit their needs. And remember, if ever your HVAC professional should give you a broad service window and fail to show up during the allotted time, they are not worth hiring again.
- Generally Acting Unprofessional: If you have taken the time to schedule an HVAC service and are willing to pay for a repair, you should never expect anything less than the utmost professionalism from your technician. That means no swearing or smoking, cleaning up after themselves when their work is finished, and never trying to upsell you on products or services you don’t need. Remember, it’s okay to expect a lot from your HVAC tech. At Golden Rule, we have nothing but the highest expectations for our team and always count on our technicians to live up to their stellar reputation.
To schedule HVAC service you can count on, dial (515) 517-6557 now, or contact us online.