Guess what time of year it is? Yes, it’s the official start of fall. That doesn’t mean an immediate switch over to cooler weather, but with the leaves changing colors and children back in school, it’s a sign that it won’t be long before trick-treaters, football, Thanksgiving, and colder weather arrive. And if you’re a Des Moines, IA HVAC professional, it’s the time of the year when you remind your customers and other homeowners that they should schedule furnace maintenance or maintenance for whatever system they use to heat their home.
But I Had Heating Maintenance Last Year!
That’s great news! But maintenance isn’t a “once every couple of years” event. For maintenance to have the best effect and prolong your furnace or other heating system’s lifespan, it needs to be done each fall. It’s easy to arrange for this service with our team since we offer yearly Gold Club Membership, which is three maintenance plans rolled into one: along with heating maintenance, you’ll also have annual maintenance for your air conditioning and plumbing. We’ll make sure you stay up to date and don’t forget about scheduling your year service.
Why Regular Heating Maintenance Is Important
So, you need to have regular maintenance each year. But what are the actual benefits of doing this? There are quite a few…
- Safety: We’ll start with this one because your family’s safety should always be #1 on a list! If you use a natural gas furnace for home heating—and the majority of homes in the Des Moines Metro area do—it’s critical to have a professional inspection during maintenance each year before the furnace starts to run. Furnaces are not automatically dangerous appliances, but they do require these regular maintenance appointments to keep them running in the safety zone. If our technicians find anything that may create a hazard, they’ll ensure its scheduled to be repaired before the cold weather starts.
- Energy efficiency: Each year a heating system, no matter what type, misses its maintenance appointment, it will lose energy efficiency, from 5% to 10%. That means in only a few years you could be paying from 15% to 30% more to run your heater than necessary! Maintenance pays for itself by seeing that you don’t need to pay more than you should to keep your house warm.
- Extended equipment life: How long will your furnace last? Most can go for 15 years—but that’s only if they have maintenance. Regular maintenance can help some furnaces last for 20 years, and heat pumps for 15. Without maintenance… that number will be much lower.
- Protection from breakdowns: You want to head into each winter with confidence your heater won’t suddenly fail on you. Inspections and tune-ups during maintenance help a heater to make it through to spring with little problem.
- Fewer repairs: Around 85% of the repairs a heating system may require during its lifetime are preventable thanks to maintenance. Think of how much that saves you! (Not to mention the chilly inconveniences it stops.)
At Golden Rule, “We Obey the Rule to Live By”! If you want a Service Provider who will treat you and your home like their own, then call us today…