Regular AC system checks come with a ton of great perks and benefits, including:
- Lower monthly cooling bills
- Fewer breakdowns
- Longer AC lifespan
- Better air quality in your home
- Keeping your parts warranty valid
But, if you’re like most homeowners, you’re probably wondering how much you’ll have to invest in AC system checks to reap these benefits.
- The extensiveness of the service
- Whether it’s a one-time service or part of a whole-home maintenance plan
- The contractor you choose
Let’s look at each of these factors in detail to help you better understand how much you might need to pay for AC system checks.
Need an AC system check?
Our experienced techs can help you keep your AC in good working order with routine checks. Call (515) 517-6557 or contact us online to request a one-time system check or join our Gold Club Membership. We service the Des Moines Metro area and have over five thousand 5-star reviews.
The Extensiveness of the AC System Check
Typically, more extensive AC system checks cost more.
According to Energy Star, a contractor should at least complete this minimum list of requirements during a system check, including:
- Checking your thermostat settings
- Checking and adjusting electrical connections
- Lubricating all moving parts
- Checking and inspecting the condensate drain
- Checking system controls
- Cleaning the evaporator and condenser coils
- Checking refrigerant levels
- Cleaning and adjusting blower motor components
We recommend going with an HVAC contractor that goes above and beyond the items listed above. A more comprehensive system check requires more labor and will likely cost more than a basic one. When you contact a technician and ask about a system check, they should provide you with a complete list of items included in the service. If not, you should ask for one to ensure you’re getting your money’s worth.
- Check A/C for level
- Check condenser coil
- Check filter
- Inspect the blower & condenser motor
- Inspect contactor
- Inspect disconnect
- Inspect evaporator coil (if accessible)
- Measure & test temperature drop
- Replace standard filter
- Rinse condenser
- Test all wiring connections
- Test blower motor & amp draw
- Test capacitors
- Test compressor amp draw
- Test motor amp draw
Whether It’s a One‑Time Service or Part of a Whole‑Home Maintenance Plan
A one-time AC service is typically cheaper than a maintenance plan membership. However, these plans come with benefits that pay for themselves over time.
For example, a one-time system check can start at $95, while a plan membership can cost anywhere from $175 to $450 annually. But the plan membership comes with extra perks and benefits, like discounts on repair services and faster priority service, which help you save money down the line.
- Priority Scheduling: As a Gold Club member, your service and repair appointments are our priority over appointments for non-Gold Club members.
- Service Repair Discounts: You’ll be able to save 10% off all repairs.
- Annual HVAC System Checks: Twice per year, our technicians will perform a full diagnostic system check to ensure your system is functioning at its best and keep your equipment warranty intact. Recommended by manufacturers and utilities alike, regularly scheduled service can reduce breakdowns!
- Annual Plumbing Inspection: We will assess your home’s plumbing system to ensure that everything is in safe operating condition. Then, we’ll give you a detailed report of our findings and explain any concerns.
- Exclusive Text and Email Promotions: We send exclusive text and email promotions to our Gold Club members several times throughout the year!
If you decide to have your AC maintained yearly, enrolling in a membership program is cheaper. With all the discounts and perks, you’re likely to pay less for AC service over time than someone who pays for individual AC system checks and repairs.
The Contractor You Choose
An experienced contractor will probably charge more for air conditioner system checks than a less experienced one.
While it may be more expensive to hire a more experienced Iowa contractor for a system check, it’s worth the extra cost. Higher-quality contractors charge more for service visits because they do better work. With a more experienced contractor, you’ll also have peace of mind knowing that they’re completing thorough AC system checks.
- The appropriate licenses and certifications
- Over a decade of HVAC experience
- Positive reviews from clients on websites like Facebook and Google
- Extensive checklists (that are available for you to review before you schedule service)
Ready to Schedule Your AC System Check? Golden Rule Makes It Easy.
If you’d like to schedule an AC system check, we offer two different options with both backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee:
- A $95 one-time AC system check
- Annual service through our Gold Club Membership for $99/year
Our friendly techs go out of their way to provide the highest quality AC system check, so you never have to worry about being uncomfortable in the heat of an Iowa summer.
Call (515) 517-6557 or contact us online to request a one-time system check or join our Gold Club for additional savings.