Golden Rule Process
Get the Golden Rule Treatment on Your Next Sump Pump Repair or Replacement
A sump pump is your home's last line of defense against flood damage. That makes it one of the most important pieces of plumbing equipment in your home. If your sump pump has been damaged or fallen into disrepair, your friends at Golden Rule can help. We can repair or maintain any sump pump on the market, and most repairs take just one visit to your home to complete. And should flooding occur, we're here for you with 24/7 emergency support.
Find out how each part of our sump pump repair/replacement process applies The Golden Rule:
Scheduling Your Sump Pump Repair/Replacement
Fast, Friendly & Convenient Scheduling in 3 Steps!
- Reach out to us: You have more ways than ever to schedule with Golden Rule. Whether you call or schedule online, we'll have your appointment booked in no time.
- Get call reminders: We'll help you keep track of your upcoming appointment with courtesy reminder calls both the day before and day of your service.
- Meet your technician: We'll text you your plumber's name, picture, and bio on the day of your appointment, so you'll know exactly who's showing up at your door.
Want even more reasons to schedule with Golden Rule?
- Convenient morning and afternoon time slots
- SMS text confirmations for your appointment
- Real-time location updates when your plumber is on the way
Excellent Service! I called in the morning and was able to have a plumber at our house the same day!—Amy S.
Pricing Your Sump Pump Repair/Replacement
How much does it cost to repair or replace a sump pump in Des Moines?
- Low $400
- Our Average $500
- High $600
Diagnostics the Golden Rule way
Our diagnostics have two goals: identify what's wrong with the sump pump, and give you options on how to fix it. You get to decide how you'd like to proceed with the service, and we'll make sure you're quoted a fair price for the work. No if's, and's, or but's. Just our promise to you.
- Diagnostic cost without repair: $72
- Diagnostic cost with repair: FREE
What factors affect the cost of a sump pump repair or replacement?
- Replacing or repairing: It's almost always more expensive to replace a sump pump than it is to repair one. Some exceptions would be if the sump pump is very old, has seen extensive use, or if the motor needs to be replaced. A Golden Rule plumber will make every attempt to resolve your issue within your budget, and will always give you multiple repair options to choose from.
- Type of sump pump: Some types of sump pumps are more expensive to repair or install. Submersible sump pumps have stronger motors, take up less space, and don't clog easily, but they do cost more to repair or install than a pedestal pumps on average. Pedestal pumps are easier to access (hence the more affordable repairs) and tend to last longer.
- Installing a battery backup: If a storm knocks out power to your home, or if your primary sump pump stops working for any other reason, a battery backup will kick in and keep your basement from flooding. We recommend backups because they're much more affordable than what you'd pay in water damage and mold remediation services should the worst happen.
They are always courteous and provide multiple options. They do great work.—Missy S.
Completing Your Sump Pump Repair/Replacement
We imagined the perfect sump pump service visit...Then we made it a reality for our customers
- RespectfulHave a personal request? We'll follow it to the letter.
- Consistent99% of repairs completed in just one day.
- ProfessionalOur plumbers are licensed and trained in-house.
- CleanShoe covers are worn at all times in your home.
- Reliable2,800+ successful repair calls every year.
- AccessibleFinancing available for repairs upon request.
Sump Pump Repair/Replacement FAQ
How long your sump pump lasts depends on a few factors, such as how often it's used, what type of sump pump it is, and whether it was installed correctly in the first place.
- Type: As a general rule of thumb, submersible sump pumps won't last as long as pedestal sump pumps. Submersible pumps average about 10 years, pedestal a bit longer.
- Use: If your sump pump sees a good amount of use, it's worth considering a replacement every 7 or so years, and even as few as 5 years if you don't have a battery backup.
- Install: If a sump pump was installed incorrectly, it may not last beyond that first big storm. That's why we always recommend hiring a professional company with a strong reputation to install the sump pump for you.
Protecting Your Sump Pump Repair/Replacement
1-year Labor Warranty
Golden Rule offers a 1-year labor warranty for repairs and installs. If you need repairs after the job is complete, we'll return and fix it without charging for labor.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
The Gold Club: Maintenance Doesn't Get Any Better Than This
What do over 8,000 Des Moines homeowners have in common? They're all protected by the state's most comprehensive whole-home maintenance plan, The Golden Rule Gold Club!
With the Gold Club, you'll receive three annual scheduled tune-up visits (heating, cooling and plumbing), plus discounts on repairs, priority service, no trip charges, and more for less than $9 a month!
The R.U.L.E.S. We Live By
The pride of Golden Rule is our outstanding service and the rules we live by every day. We hold our customer service very highly and want to make sure you are taken care of to the best of our ability. No matter the problem, we will take care of you.
Below are our values or “rules to live by":
- Respect: We listen to our customers and seek out solutions on terms they're happy with.
- Understanding: We know you're busy and work hard to make service fast and convenient.
- Loyalty: We treat your home with courtesy and respect and leave it cleaner than we found it.
- Expertise: We train constantly to give our customers the best outcomes with every visit.
- Service: We look for ways to go above and beyond to help make your service visit a great one.
Professionalism and friendliness was greatly appreciated...
Everything went smoothly with my plumbing service call from setting the appointment to the technician, Adler, showing up on time and performing the work well and in a timely fashion. Was very informative and let me know about other services they offer without being pushy. Adler's professionalism and friendliness was greatly appreciated.—Rich C.