Golden Rule Process
Get the Golden Rule Treatment on Your Next Pipe Leak Repair
A burst pipe can cause catastrophic damage to your home and belongings. Golden Rule promises to have that pipe repaired or replaced faster than any other plumber in Des Moines. Not only do we have a larger fleet of service trucks than any other contractor, we also have the most highly trained plumbers. Every plumber at Golden Rule is trained, insured, and background checked to ensure the best possible outcomes for our customers. And did we mention they're the friendliest bunch of people you've ever met? Call us today and enjoy faster service and better protections for your next pipe leak repair!
Find out how each part of our pipe leak repair process applies The Golden Rule:
Scheduling Your Pipe Leak Repair
Fast, Friendly & Convenient Scheduling in 3 Steps!
- Reach out to us: You have more ways than ever to schedule with Golden Rule. Whether you call or schedule online, we'll have your appointment booked in no time.
- Get call reminders: Surprises are fun for birthday parties, not repair visits. That's why we provide courtesy reminder calls the day before and the day of your scheduled service date.
- Meet your technician: We'll text you your technician's name, picture and bio on the day of your appointment, so you'll know exactly who's showing up at your door.
Want even more reasons to schedule with Golden Rule?
- Convenient morning and afternoon time slots
- SMS text confirmations for your appointment
- Real-time location updates when your plumber is on the way
We would hands down call Golden Rule again!! Thank you for taking great care of us today!—Nina C.
Pricing Your Pipe Leak Repair
How much does it cost to repair a pipe leak in Des Moines?
- Low $150
- Our Average $500
- High $1500
Diagnostics the Golden Rule way
Our diagnostics have two goals: identify what's wrong with the system, and give you options on how to fix it. You get to decide how you'd like to proceed with the repair, and we'll make sure you're quoted a fair price for the work. No if's, and's, or but's. Just our promise to you.
- Cost of your diagnostic w/out repair: $72 (Free for Gold Club Members)
- Cost of your diagnostic with repair: Always FREE
What factors affect the cost of a pipe leak repair?
- The location of the leak: An exposed pipe is a lot easier to reach (and thus more affordable to repair) than a pipe that's, say, behind a wall or buried underground. An expert Golden Rule plumber can perform a thorough diagnostic to quickly locate the leak. From there, you'll receive multiple options on how to tackle the repair, based on the needs of your budget.
- The age of the home's pipes: Once a home's pipes reach a certain age, corrosion, wear and tear can take their toll. This creates a more systemic problem where pipe leaks begin to occur more frequently. If constant pipe leak repairs are an issue for you, a whole-home repiping may offer a longer term solution.
- Cosmetic repairs and cleaning: It may take some digging or demolition work to reach a leaking pipe. And since we'd never leave your home with trenches in your backyard or holes in your walls, we may need a bit more time to get everything back to normal for you! This may add some additional time and cost to the project. But the results will be worth it.
Golden Rule gave us all our options, and let us choose which way to go.—Cindy S.
Completing Your Pipe Leak Repair
We imagined the perfect pipe leak repair...Then we made it a reality for our customers
- RespectfulHave a personal request? We'll follow it to the letter.
- Consistent99% of repairs completed in just one day.
- ProfessionalOur plumbers are licensed and trained in-house.
- CleanShoe covers are worn at all times in your home.
- Reliable2,800+ successful repair calls every year.
- AccessibleFinancing available for repairs upon request.
Pipe Leak Repair FAQ
Here in Des Moines, the most common reason for pipe repairs is from frozen pipes. This is especially true for pipeline that's exposed and outdoors. As ice expands inside the pipe, it will either crack the pipe or cause it to burst wide open.
Other prominent reasons for pipe repairs include:
- Blocked pipes. A blocked pipe under enough pressure can easily crack or burst.
- Corroded pipes become brittle and more susceptible to cracking and breaking down
- Tree roots. While not common, tree roots can push into underground pipes and cause them to crack.
Protecting Your Pipe Leak Repair
1-Year Labor Warranty
Every pipe leak repair is protected by an industry-leading 1-year warranty on labor. If our repair doesn't resolve your issue, we'll return and fix it, minus the labor charges.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We promise to give you a pipe leak repair that goes above and beyond to give you the service you deserve. If you're not happy, we'll return and make it right.
The Gold Club: Maintenance Doesn't Get Any Better Than This
What do over 8,000 Des Moines homeowners have in common? They're all protected by the state's most comprehensive whole-home maintenance plan, The Golden Rule Gold Club!
With the Gold Club, you'll receive three annual scheduled tune-up visits (heating, cooling and plumbing), plus discounts on repairs, priority service, no trip charges, and more for less than $9 a month!
The R.U.L.E.S. We Live By
The pride of Golden Rule is our outstanding service and the rules we live by every day. We hold our customer service very highly and want to make sure you are taken care of to the best of our ability. No matter the problem, we will take care of you.
Below are our values or “rules to live by":
- Respect: We listen to our customers and seek out solutions on terms they're happy with.
- Understanding: We know you're busy and work hard to make service fast and convenient.
- Loyalty: We treat your home with courtesy and respect and leave it cleaner than we found it.
- Expertise: We train constantly to give our customers the best outcomes with every visit.
- Service: We look for ways to go above and beyond to help make your service visit a great one.
I would highly recommend this company to friends and family...
We called Golden Rule with a water leak issue, which turned out to be a minor problem. They responded immediately. Service was excellent. Techs were very knowledgeable and explained the process in very clear detail. I would highly recommend this company to friends and family for all their plumbing needs without hesitation. They are AWESOME!!!—Paula B.