There are many reasons for rewiring a home, including insurance costs, convenience, home value, and most importantly, the elimination of fire hazards. If you’ve considered rewiring your home, give your friends at Golden Rule a call. Our expert electricians complete dozens of re-wirings across Des Moines every year. Not only do we offer free estimates and fast scheduling, but we’ll also complete the rewiring in record time and give you better warranty protections than anyone else in the state.
Scheduling Your Whole-Home Rewiring
Fast, Friendly & Convenient Scheduling in 3 Steps!
- Reach out to us: To book a free home rewiring estimate, give us a call at your earliest convenience, or schedule your service online. We’ll have your estimate booked in just minutes.
- Get call reminders: You’ll never miss a service appointment with Golden Rule. Our team keeps you apprised of your estimate with two courtesy reminder calls the day before and the day of your service.
- Meet your electrician: We’ll text you your electrician’s name, picture and bio on the day of your estimate, so you’ll know exactly who’s showing up at your door.
Pricing Your Whole-Home Rewiring
How much does it cost to rewire a home in Des Moines?
Estimates the Golden Rule way
At Golden Rule, our goal is to give each customer the kind of estimate that we’d want for ourselves—one that’s transparent, honest, and free from sales pressure. And that’s exactly what you’ll get when you call us for your whole-home rewiring.
Cost of your estimate: FREE
What factors affect the cost of a whole-home rewiring?
- The size of the home: One of the most important factors in determining the cost of a whole-home rewiring is home size. Larger homes will have more wiring, which adds to the time on site and the materials required to complete the job. In addition, larger homes require additional access holes to reach the wiring, so drywall repairs need to be factored into the equation as well.
- The need for a new panel: One of the first things an Golden Rule electrician will look at during a free estimate is a home’s electrical panel. If the amperage is low or a legacy fuse box is installed, we’ll suggest a replacement. This is to make sure our customers get the most out of their new wires. Older panels can bottleneck amperage coming into your home and thus eliminate most of the benefits of rewiring in the first place.
- Contractor experience: When hiring a company or individual contractor to rewire your home, it’s best to think in terms of the value provided rather than installation cost. Golden Rule delivers exceptional value with better customer protection, faster service, and more experienced technicians. This is especially important for electrical work since the smallest mistake can lead to a serious fire hazard.
Completing Your Whole-Home Rewiring
We imagined the perfect home rewiring…
Financing is available with interest as low as 0%.
Shoe covers are worn at all times in your home.
We keep to our schedules and finish the job on time.
Licensed electricians trained in-house.
Have a personal request? We’ll follow it to the letter.
Dozens of rewiring jobs are completed every year.
Whole-Home Rewiring FAQ
- Your home is over 40 years old, or your existing electrical panel can only manage 100 amps or less
- Your electronics are very slow to recharge, or new appliances regularly trip your circuit breaker
- The lighting in your home flickers (even after replacing bulbs)
- Your home has ungrounded, two-prong outlets
1-Year Labor Warranty
Golden Rule offers a 1-year labor warranty for all home re-wirings. If you need repairs within a year of the installation, we’ll return and fix it without charging for labor.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We promise to give you a whole-home rewiring that meets or exceeds your expectations. If for any reason that didn’t happen, we’ll go above and beyond to resolve your concern.