A reliable whole-home generator will keep essential appliances powered for several days during an emergency. Golden Rule understands how important these systems are to the safety of you and your family, which is why we train our electricians on the latest installation techniques and only install the most dependable generator brands for our customers. Call us today and get expert advice on a variety of generator systems as well as the best post-install warranty and guarantee protections in the state.
Scheduling Your Whole-Home Generator Install
Fast, Friendly & Convenient Scheduling in 3 Steps!
- Reach out to us: It’s easier than ever to schedule a visit with an Golden Rule electrician. Simply call or schedule online, and we’ll have your appointment booked in just minutes.
- Get call reminders: Our customers are busy, and appointments are easy to forget. That’s why we provide courtesy reminders both the day before and the day of your installation to make sure there are no surprises.
- Meet your electrician: We’ll text you your electrician’s name, picture and bio on the day of your appointment, so you’ll know exactly who’s showing up at your door.
Pricing Your Home Generator Installation
How much does it cost to install a whole-home generator in Des Moines?
Estimates the Golden Rule way
At Golden Rule, our goal is to give each customer the kind of estimate that we’d want for ourselves—one that’s transparent, honest, and free from sales pressure. And that’s exactly what you’ll get when you call us for your whole-home generator estimate.
- Cost of your estimate: FREE
What factors affect the cost of a generator installation?
- Generator output: The higher the output of a generator, the more equipment you can connect to it. This is an important consideration to make when determining what appliances and electronics need to be powered in an emergency. But you also have to weigh output against the cost of the generator itself, since more output equals more money spent. You can determine a generator’s output by its kilowatts (kW).
- Generator fuel type: Generators run on different types of fuel, including diesel, propane, or natural gas. Diesel and propane tend to cost more, as they typically require installing a storage tank on the property. This isn’t the case for natural gas units, hence their lower installation costs.
- Other home updates: Modifying a home’s electrical system may be necessary to accommodate the new generator. There are also cases where upgrades to a home’s gas meter are required, or a concrete slab needs to be poured for the generator to rest on. The good news is that Golden Rule can alert you to these costs early on with a free estimate, giving you more knowledge to make an informed decision about your generator.
Completing Your Home Generator Installation
We imagined the perfect home generator install…
Have a personal request? We’ll follow it to the letter.
99% of installations were completed in just one day.
Licensed electricians trained in-house.
Shoe covers are worn at all times in your home.
Hundreds of generators are installed successfully every year.
Financing is available for the latest generator systems.
Whole-Home Generator Install FAQ
1-Year Labor Warranty
Golden Rule offers a 1-year labor warranty for all generator installs. If you need repairs within a year of the installation, we’ll return and fix it without charging for labor.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We promise to give you a generator installation that meets or exceeds your expectations. If for any reason that didn’t happen, we’ll go above and beyond to resolve your concern.