At Golden Rule, we don’t pay lip service to our values. We live by them. So when we promise the fastest response times, strongest customer protections, and fairest up-front pricing for panel repairs and replacements in Des Moines, we mean every word of it. Call Golden Rule today and see why thousands of homeowners have rated us a 5-star service company.
Scheduling Your Electrical Panel Repair/Replacement
Fast, Friendly & Convenient Scheduling in 3 Steps!
- Reach out to us: Ready to schedule your electrical panel repair or replacement? Simply call or schedule online, and we’ll have your appointment booked in just minutes.
- Get call reminders: You’ll never miss a service appointment with Golden Rule. Our team keeps you apprised of your appointment with two courtesy reminders the day before and the day of your service.
- Meet your electrician: We’ll text you your electrician’s name, picture and bio on the day of your appointment, so you’ll know exactly who’s showing up at your door.
Pricing Your Electrical Panel Repair/Replacement
How much does it cost to repair or replace an electrical panel in Des Moines?
Service the Golden Rule way
Our service calls have two goals: identify what’s wrong with the system and give you options on how to fix it. You get to decide how you’d like to proceed with the repair, and we’ll make sure you’re quoted a fair price for the work. No, if’s, and’s, or but’s. Just our promise to you.
- Minimum fee without repair: $72 (Free for Golden Rule Members)
- Evaluation with repair: Always FREE
- Whether the panel can be repaired: When a customer calls us regarding a panel repair, we send someone over to perform a thorough evaluation. That will tell us everything we need to know about what’s wrong with the panel itself. If the panel can be repaired, we’ll tell you how it can be done and how much it will cost. But if it can’t, we’ll share potential replacements at various price points to keep you as closely within your budget as possible.
- Where the service lines are located: The location of utility lines plays an important role in cost. If the lines are underground, they’ll be a lot easier to reach than if they’re above-ground utility lines. We’re happy to let you know which type of line serves your home. So, if you’d like to know, just ask your electrician during your appointment.
- Whether the panel requires an upgrade: If a home’s current electrical panel isn’t supplying the amperage the home needs, then the resolution isn’t always a repair, but a replacement. An Golden Rule electrician under these circumstances can suggest a variety of replacement panels or look at some additional options like installing one or more sub-panels, or (if the budget is tight) attempt to adjust the amperage on the existing panel.
What factors affect the cost of an electrical panel repair or replacement?
Completing Your Electrical Panel Repair/Replacement
We imagined the perfect panel repair…
Have a personal request? We’ll follow it to the letter.
99% of panel services were completed in just one day.
Licensed electricians trained in-house.
Shoe covers are worn at all times in your home.
Hundreds of successful repairs call every year.
Financing available for electrical repairs & installs.
Electrical Panel Repair/Replace FAQ
- Have a legacy fuse box (common in homes built prior to 1960.)
- Notice a burnt smell coming from the panel
- Have constant issues with tripped circuits
- Have a panel that maxes out at 100 amps or lower
If any of these are true, contact your friends at Golden Rule. We’ll be happy to give you an estimate for a replacement (or repair if you’d like!)
1-Year Labor Warranty
Every panel repair/replacement is protected by an industry-leading 1-year warranty on labor. If we don’t resolve your issue, we’ll return and fix it, minus the labor charges.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We promise to give you a panel repair/replacement that goes above and beyond to give you the service you deserve. If you’re not happy, we’ll make it right.