Golden Rule Electrical Service Manager
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Minimum Years of Experience Required: 5+ years of Management experience - No electrical experience required
- Minimum Years of Education Required: High School/GED
- Must be Authorized to Work in the US
We are searching for experienced professional to be our Electrical Operations Manager. This manager routinely works directly with service technicians, dispatch personnel and other managers to ensure customer satisfaction, while meeting departmental goals and objectives. Presenting himself as a senior company representative, the Electrical Operations Manager often communicates directly with customers, vendors, and suppliers to provide a top-tier customer experience with quality products.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Schedules, directs, and provides support for Electrical technicians to meet service demands and customers expectations.
- Supervises and directs the Electrical technicians to effectively perform the functions of equipment maintenance, repair, installation, start-up, and other duties as required to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Reviews technicians work to ensure quality meets established standards, techniques, and safety requirements; makes recommendations as requirements to improve quality and productivity.
- Responsible for Electrical technicians performance appraisals, reviews and for setting improvement goals per company requirements.
- Conducts group and one-on-one meetings with technicians as required for training, evaluation, and general communication; participates and/or conducts regularly scheduled departmental safety/informational meetings.
- Communicates regularly with dispatch to ensure that personnel are being scheduled properly by skill level, efficiency, and training requirements.
- Maintains communication with vendors and factory personnel concerning warranty issues, product recall notices, operational problems with products, premature failures, and other issues as they apply to products and equipment sold and serviced by the Electrical Service Department
- Develops and monitors budgets, goals, and objectives to insure departmental profitability.
- Reviews work orders, invoices, and time reports for accuracy, and to ensure timely cash flow and maintain minimal account receivables.
- Specifies and makes sure that required parts are ordered in timely fashion to ensure work deadlines are met.
- Ensures that all company/department policies are being followed by all Electrical technicians.
- Work with other departmental managers to meet company and departmental goals and objectives.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as required to maintain efficient department operations.
The Electrical Service Manager should possess the following skills, characteristics, and abilities:
- Excellent customer service and sales skills
- Five years Management related experience preferred
- Excellent leadership skills to enhance team productivity and standards of work produced.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and strong conflict management skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments.
- Good computer skills: knowledge of and proficiency in common office applications such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and general software navigation
- Possess a strong personal desire for improvement; and the desire to motivate Electrical technicians to be better tomorrow than they are today.
- Have a clean, neat, and professional appearance; a top performer who can instill pride of workmanship in himself and in others.
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record and background
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401k Plan with a 3% company match/Profit Share after 1 Year of employment
- Personal Time Off (i.e. - vacation, sick day)
- Healthiest You App – Online medical info/clinic service offered free to employees and their families, if on company insurance
- Company vehicle
- A family. This is last on the list because it is most important. We care about our team and expect you to bring that same caring when you join. We do a lot more than just work together. You’ll come to love our company outings, and you’ll build life-long friendships at Golden Rule PHC.
Golden Rule Plumbing, Heating, & Cooling has been serving the greater Des Moines area with the BEST service in the Plumbing & HVAC industry since 1999. We have experienced significant growth every year we have been in business and continue to grow. Our GOAL is to find the right people and let them do what they do best! We pride ourselves in being a FAMILY working for families. If this is what you are looking for, we are looking for YOU!
We provide best-in-class training for our Team Members. We also provide continuing education for our team members and we also provide ongoing training to develop our Team Members!
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.